Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Your favorite ukulele playing youtubers?

I recently stumbled across Marco Cirillo here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRy...y8Si8wQ/videos

I'm really digging his beautiful original pieces he performs and then teaches. Nice stuff!

This may be my favorite YouTube Uke video - Kimo Hussey & Sam Lemann playing, Roy Orbison's "Blue Bayou":
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv4YXHmM3Lw

That song is definitely on my list to learn. The melody’s great!

Recently came across Jenifer Cabrera Ukulele on YouTube. Enjoying her fingerstyle pieces on contemporary and traditional covers.
    Ukes:

Tinguitar Spruce top / English Walnut body Tenor with MiSi pickup 2020 (high-G)
    Mainland Classic Mahogany Tenor 2018 (low-G)
    Motu in Cherry Plywood 2019

Demetrius, and Wilfried Welti - not together, of course, but that's an interesting thought!

John Colter

What ever happened to Hippie Dribble, aka Eugene Ukulele, aka Jon? I enjoyed watching his vids....

I want to take a moment to give a shout out to this forum's Jim Hanks. I really enjoy his channel because of his sincerity. A lot of the elite gurus post videos that have obviously benefited from some post-production ameliorations. Jim's videos are raw with mistakes or, if not mistakes, then at least less than optimal moments. But he is living the life. He is stepping up to the plate, going for it, and getting it vastly right. I really enjoy watching a real person do his thing.

Ariel McCleary. I loved her channel when she was doing YT. Not only was she super funny and quirky, she could really sing! I really don't know why she didn't have more viewers than someone like Elise Ecklund (who I also watch from time to time).

Gotta throw in a thumbs-up for my friend Steve Rose, who just released his new ukulele album. He's also on YouTube and posts occasional tutorials and such. Here's one of his originals; it's got a lot more than ukulele going on so it's different than most:

The album is available on Bandcamp.

Here’s a vote for the Florida-based band that’s featured in the Uke Video discussion with a great version of Coconut Grove.

Great playing and singing!!! Check it out!!
    Last edited by cayuga red; 07-01-2021 at 10:59 AM.

Thread Information