Your favorite ukulele playing youtubers?

Eilheart

Reaction score
Ello!

I would appreciate a list of YouTubers (the list is fine, no need for links I can search that myself) whom you consider best Ukulele players. The best as in technique or just your personal preference. I am trying to compile a list of go-to videos when you are looking for a little ray of sunshine or when you want to hone up your technique. Thank you! :)

Sam Muir and Rob McKillop.

I tend not to listen to uke players because I am very impressionable and once I hear something I am almost trapped into playing like that almost to the point of plagiarism. I am much more likely to watch piano or guitar videos and then try to apply the principles to my ukulele playing. I do financially support two ukulele people: Stu Fuchs and TenThumbsPro because they offer technical tips that I can use in my own musical life. But I don't know if that warrants calling them my favorite players.

Hope you have a little time to check this guy, KJ Kim.
He has his own channel on YouTube.

Some of these are more on Facebook than YouTube.

Troy Fernandez
Kelly Boy DeLima
Jake Shimabukuro
Taimane
Karlie Goya
Brittni Paiva
David Kamakahi
Feng E
KYAS
Rio Saito
Ukulenny
ukuleleoversoul

These are company YouTube channels that promote independent musicians:
KoAloha Ukulele
HI*Sessions
HawaiiMusicSupply

This is a Spotify channel with lots of great ukulele music:
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6dlWQpvi8PQ3vdYN3JhC6b

You should check out "Danielle ate the Sandwich" (Danielle Anderson). Not the most technical player but a great songstress who plays the ukulele a lot.

Last edited:
Evan J De Silva (he has a YouTube channel)

George Elmes,
Corey @ HMS

I enjoy Kalei Gamiao, Cory Fujimoto, and Honoka and Azita, among others.

Aldrine
Taimane
Jon Duncan
Honoka and Azita

I still listen to the old Julia Nunes stuff

Ben's Ukulele Roadtrips!

He is also my favourite Patreon-person, as well as one of my favourite podcasters; the podcast isn't updated at the moment, but his Patreon output is terrific!

Ello!

I would appreciate a list of YouTubers (the list is fine, no need for links I can search that myself) whom you consider best Ukulele players. The best as in technique or just your personal preference. I am trying to compile a list of go-to videos when you are looking for a little ray of sunshine or when you want to hone up your technique. Thank you! :)

You bet...

Daniel Ho - 6 Grammys-11 nominations; traditional, classical, and compositions.

Brian Tolentino and with his group NuE

Phil Dolen (Brit) he plays classic “old time” pieces, blues, and Jazz and is able to “explain” what he does!

Zoe Boestel (Scottish). (has a wonderful YT channel)

Last edited:
Last edited:
So many great suggestions! Here are two more: Victoria Vox (who also does an incredibly listenable "mouth-trumpet"); and Chris Hough, aka "Ukulele Uff" (it's impossible to watch him and not feel amazed, happy and inspired).

I haven't seen Manitoba Hal mentioned yet. He's also a great guitar player, but has some very useful blues ukulele tutorials on YouTube.
Checkout Peter Gavin for bluesy stuff too.

Top Bottom