Kelali Baritone with Honduran Mahogany and Sitka Spruce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelali Kev

Reaction score
I finished making this Baritone a couple weeks ago and am testing how this forum will work for selling. This Baritone has Honduran Mahogany back, sides, and hand shaped Spanish heel neck; carbon fiber reinforced neck; Sitka Spruce soundboard; Ebony fingerboard with Pua Abalone dots, 1.5" wide at the nut; inlaid double rosette; hand made walnut bindings; nickel silver frets; Corian Nut and saddle; Grover Sta Tite tuners; and Living Waters fluorocarbon strings from the UK. serial # KU168 $650, shipping to US only.
IMG_2089.jpgIMG_2081.jpgIMG_2082.jpgIMG_2087.jpgIMG_2092.jpg

Last edited:
I love the roundness and the thick waist! I'd be tempted if I hadn't just got a baritone.

I had an earlier Kelali Fir/Mahogany baritone that I enjoyed. It had an excellent rich harmonic sound, with a very professional fit and finish. This is an excellent value in a USA hand built instrument. If I didn't already have Kinnard, Mya-moe, Mason, Larrivee and Graziano spruce topped baritones already I would definitely try this one. You might also try listing on fleamarketmusic marketplace.

Thanks for the kudos, I will try the fleamarketmusic as well. This one has the Living Waters strings per your recommendation.

I have two Kelali baritones made by Kevin from 2020. A curly redwood/curly fiddleback maple I bought from Ebay and a curly port orford cedar/curly walnut I bought from a fellow UU'er. Both of my baris sound distinct with open tone, great projection and sustain. Great playability too! Kevin's craftsmanship is clean and precise. He was very responsive and patient answering all my questions about his ukes, even the one I bought from another UU'er. It's great to see his new models have added features like additional decorative adornments and carbon fiber rods in their necks. Whoever buys this beauty will have a quality, lovingly crafted baritone with, what I bet will be, an awesome sound to cherish.

Kevin's ukes are one of the best buys out there...huge bang for the buck. This one really looks nice...but my garage is full right now

Nice! Is there a sound sample?

I just uploaded a sound sample to my webpage under the instrument. This is also where you can purchase directly from me with PayPal with a buy now button. Kelaliuke.com/buy-now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom