aNueNue UC10 Color Series Concert - REVIEW

bazmaz

Reaction score
I completely agree on the looks. I generally dislike brightly coloured ukes but this grew on me as well the more I saw of it. It certainly helps that it's light blue and not some overly bright colour. I really love how the maple bridge blends in with the soundboard. I think it would look even better with a maple fretboard, as some of the other models/colours do.

Can't really sing the praises of aNueNue enough. They don't innovate quite as much as they could in my opinion but all of their ukes are always so well made. The new AKK2 and AKK3 models are a good example of that. They're basically the same as the AMM2 and AMM3 models but made out of koa. I had the AMM2 model and it was so well made I could've sworn it was much more expensive than it really was, around $500. The same thing seems to apply to these UC10 models as well but at an even lower price point.

Yep - always really sharply put together.

New from aNueNue - and an instrument that I have really fallen for!

https://www.gotaukulele.com/2021/03/anuenue-uc10-color-series-concert.html

Ah, thanks for doing this. The Blue Arona has been on my radar since I first spotted the Color series last year, because: Blue.
Also, Anuenue!
.. I do enjoy the retro look of the contrasts between the paler colors and the brown back and sides. The grey ("Quiet Shade") also looks especially sharp to me.

I'm glad to hear the instrument itself is up to snuff!

Earlier projections had the Color series available at Anuenue USA last October, but these ukuleles were (obviously) yet one more item subject to delay, here in our world gone sideways.

Soon, hopefully.

Thanks again!

~ S.

These are listed at $200 on the aNueNue USA website, but not in stock. In fact, the website has very little in stock right now. https://www.anuenueusa.com/collections/guitars

I have an older aNueNue Oahu soprano ukulele that I really like. That is my best true soprano ukulele. aNueNue always has great quality control and great prices for the performance/quality level. I hope they can get their supply situation worked out.

Thanks for the review. While I personally prefer traditional Hawaiian ukes it is nice to see more affordable instruments with unique design features.

These are listed at $200 on the aNueNue USA website, but not in stock. In fact, the website has very little in stock right now. https://www.anuenueusa.com/collections/guitars

I have an older aNueNue Oahu soprano ukulele that I really like. That is my best true soprano ukulele. aNueNue always has great quality control and great prices for the performance/quality level. I hope they can get their supply situation worked out.

I got mine from someone here on UU for $150.

Yeah - stocks are shaky in lots of places. Seen a few in European shops. UK guys tell me that it could be a few months for them to arrive over here.

fyi - these are now selling for $159 on both the aNueNue website and The Ukulele Site. Don't know if this is a sale price or the new retail price.

fyi - these are now selling for $159 on both the aNueNue website and The Ukulele Site. Don't know if this is a sale price or the new retail price.
I really don't need another ukulele, but...:rolleyes:

Baz,

I enjoyed your review so much I purchased this same colored uke. It will arrive tomorrow and will be my first aNueNue.
I’ll let you know what I think after ai spend some time with it. I hope my experience is like yours.
Cheers Vic - enjoy it!

Top Bottom