Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 474 - My Name is Carnival.

This is one for the #2 playlist.

Liz

Ohana Tenor TK50 MG - solid cedar top
    Red Soprano Mahalo
    Kala Waterman
    Green Kala KA-CEM Exotic Mahogany Concert (Low G)
    Purple Bugsgear Soprano
    Tan Bruko Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by flatbaroque View Post
    val! I believe your attraction to risque song choice is well noted amongst officialdom at ukecentral!!!
    Sorry i wrote liz not val first up...had just listened to her song.

Moi ... Risque?????
    "The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George Bernard Shaw

"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city" George Burns

Tod Browning's "Freaks" makes a cameo appearance in this Bowie classic:

I still haven't decided which Jackson C Frank song to have a go at, so in the meantime, I did a Tom Waits song, where they stay at the carnival but they'll never win you back:

I love this song, so I hope I haven't caused it any lasting damage. It turned out to be quite a bit harder to sing than I expected! Needs more whisky, I suppose.
    - Edwin

Hi again, John! Here is one I remember from when I was little. It borrows heavily from Julius Fucik's Entrance Of The Gladiators, otherwise known as the circus theme. Read about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entran...the_Gladiators

The Show Must Go On, Leo Sayer/David Courtney, 1973

It's a collab piece! Jon's playng gives what is simply just TWO chords a real sense of progression. Two chords (Em, D)! Meanwhile, I thought about a kid when threatened with being sold to the circus actually hopes that will happen, and is disappointed when it turns out to be myth...
    Carnivals come in other forms though...
    Blogging about a momentous life change as I switch careers and continents--> Leaving America

Had a go at "The Blues Run The Game". My spin on it,trying to avoid the slightly sickly (IMHO) twist that Simon and Garfunkle
    put on it and trying not to do an "impression" of JCF.
    Which would have been impossible, so this is a bit
    of a cluster f**k (excuse the colourful phrase lol)

Done straight to Camera with BigBariGuilele.

Last edited by CeeJay; 03-17-2021 at 03:46 AM.

And hello, yet again, John! What do you do when it's your birthday, it's grey and raining, and, for the second year you can't go and celebrate because everything is shut? (The first lockdown in France actually started on my birthday last year!) Well, obviously, you resist an inexplicable urge to take rubbish down to the tip, dig out another of your apparently inexhaustible supply of moustaches and sing a very silly song ....

Last edited by LimousinLil; 03-17-2021 at 07:05 AM.
    "The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George Bernard Shaw

"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city" George Burns

Might not get another chance this week, but I can't let the week go by without posting a Jackson C. Frank number, so here's Box Canyon. I don't know why this particular one grabbed me, except perhaps that I've also spent many days and months waiting for the train, but grab me it did, so here it is:

It's on a tenor ukulele. Also featuring a baritone strumming away, some gratuitous harmonica, and a better than usual success rate at playing an E chord .
    - Edwin

Happy Birthday, Val!

John Fogerty had a carnival in his back yard. Yeah, that was it ...

The site truncates my signature so I can't tell you

Thread Information