Strings Uke Logic Strings

plunker

Reaction score
Any body try these
UKE LOGIC Sop/Con/Ten "SOFT TENSION" High/Low G (6 options)

Any idea what to expect.

Shame on me. I think I have worth browns on my tenor right now.

*Pono Mahogany Tenor

I have the baritone UL soft tension. Very nice, smooth with long sustain and a mellow ring. The smooth wound D string is similar in tone feel and looks to the Fremont low G.

I have them on at least 3 ukes, and I like them a lot. In fact, they're one of my favorites. I have them on my Kanile'a KSR, my Pono PC, and my Kala maple - the 3 ukes that I dislike the stock strings that they come with. Fwiw, I like Worth Browns too.

I too am a worth brown fan. I have the ul’s on KoAloha tenor. I was concerned about the thin “A” string, but it rings nicely.
Strings have a nice feel and playability too.

I tried them to see if they might offer the quality and sound of my favorite Living Waters strings, at perhaps a lower tension. I did like the sound, and the thinner A string (0.019" vs 0.022") and the the slightly thinner E (0.025" vs 0.026"), but I found the C to feel just huge (0.032" vs. 0.029"). The low G strings were the same size.

I've been meaning to email Joel to see whether I could get a set with a thinner C, but haven't gotten around to it yet. If so I will for sure try them again.

I just ordered 4 more sets of Uke Logic strings from The Ukulele Site, so ya they are my favorite. I prefer the HARD version though, all carbon high g. They have more volume & better tone, seem to last longer being thicker. Some say they feel closer to guitar strings, but I think that’s an exaggeration. Note: I usually work with alternate tunings like A/B flat and the tension eases up. I’d use these over the trendy D’Adarrio nylons any day. Joel’s unique super-fluorocarbons are a winner - I don’t even buy Ko’olau Aho’s any more (no offense Andrew).

I currently have them on two ukuleles, a Cocobolo Concert and a Jupiter Tenor. I like them a lot. Good sound, good tension, good overall!

Currently love them. Have them on a Kala Elite Concert and an LDFM Tenor.

Makes for happy digits.

Bluesy.

They're great. Last I saw, Joel was still working out the kinks in his gauges. Since he's more of a tech than a player, I think he was initially going for perfectly uniform tension over playability and tone. I had to make some adjustments and basically create a hybrid set between the hard and light gauges to get the low strings from being oversized. Ask him for the Brad Bordessa set. ;-) He's willing to create custom configurations to get you just what you need.

They're great. Last I saw, Joel was still working out the kinks in his gauges. Since he's more of a tech than a player, I think he was initially going for perfectly uniform tension over playability and tone. I had to make some adjustments and basically create a hybrid set between the hard and light gauges to get the low strings from being oversized. Ask him for the Brad Bordessa set. ;-) He's willing to create custom configurations to get you just what you need.

Interesting. Can I ask, what configuration is the "Brad Bordessa" set, and what size/scale do you use it for?

Yes, I’m also interested in the signature combo you created, Brad.

I’m looking for a tenor set that will highlight the koa tones of the Maui Music uke I recently purchased here on UU.

Well I haven't contacted Joel yet, but I thought I would ask him for a set of 0.019, 0.025, 0.028, and 0.036, with the 28 being from the hard set.

From what we've seen posted here, the Worth Clear CL/CL-LG Light set is 0.0185, 0.026, 0.029, and 0.358, so I should certainly try those as well.

Interesting. Can I ask, what configuration is the "Brad Bordessa" set, and what size/scale do you use it for?

Pretty sure it's .036/.032/.028/.023" - for low-GCEA tenor. So basically the low-end from his "soft" set and the high-end from his "hard" set. All unwound, but I do use a Savarez KF95 for the low-G. Joel didn't have any gauges at the time I liked for the G. I made a video on my reasoning for the C-string adjustment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjE8gmXdlYE&t=5s for the nerdy among you.

I really need to get in touch with him again and find out if he's made any changes. I know he was trying to get as much feedback as possible about them and implement it. I hate to be giving out incorrect advice, though it looks like the gauges are the same on the Etsy.

Well I haven't contacted Joel yet, but I thought I would ask him for a set of 0.019, 0.025, 0.028, and 0.036, with the 28 being from the hard set.

From what we've seen posted here, the Worth Clear CL/CL-LG Light set is 0.0185, 0.026, 0.029, and 0.358, so I should certainly try those as well.

Pretty sure it's .036/.032/.028/.023" - for low-GCEA tenor. So basically the low-end from his "soft" set and the high-end from his "hard" set. All unwound, but I do use a Savarez KF95 for the low-G. Joel didn't have any gauges at the time I liked for the G. I made a video on my reasoning for the C-string adjustment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjE8gmXdlYE&t=5s for the nerdy among you.

I really need to get in touch with him again and find out if he's made any changes. I know he was trying to get as much feedback as possible about them and implement it. I hate to be giving out incorrect advice, though it looks like the gauges are the same on the Etsy.

Thanks for these suggestions!

I just put some Uke Logic soft tension strings on a new-to-me Pono RTSH tenor and really like the sound. The uke is a little quieter compared to the Living Waters strings I tried shortly before them. Though I like the tone better for this uke.

I tried most brands out there, but once I found UKE LOGIC, I've never looked back ! They are hands down, the best Uke strings FOR ME and my instruments. Depending on the UKE, some 'like' soft tension while others 'like' the hard tension set.

If you've never.... at least try a set ? A tad pricey, but worth every cent IMO.

Top Bottom