Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uke Logic Strings

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Bordessa View Post
    They're great. Last I saw, Joel was still working out the kinks in his gauges. Since he's more of a tech than a player, I think he was initially going for perfectly uniform tension over playability and tone. I had to make some adjustments and basically create a hybrid set between the hard and light gauges to get the low strings from being oversized. Ask him for the Brad Bordessa set. ;-) He's willing to create custom configurations to get you just what you need.
    Interesting. Can I ask, what configuration is the "Brad Bordessa" set, and what size/scale do you use it for?

They're great. Last I saw, Joel was still working out the kinks in his gauges. Since he's more of a tech than a player, I think he was initially going for perfectly uniform tension over playability and tone. I had to make some adjustments and basically create a hybrid set between the hard and light gauges to get the low strings from being oversized. Ask him for the Brad Bordessa set. ;-) He's willing to create custom configurations to get you just what you need.
    Yes, I’m also interested in the signature combo you created, Brad.

I’m looking for a tenor set that will highlight the koa tones of the Maui Music uke I recently purchased here on UU.
    Klos Tenor (carbon fibre)
    KoAloha Tenor (mango)
    Maui Music Tenor (koa)
    Lone Tree Tenor (driftwood red cedar, black cherry, western maple)
    Kamaka Long Neck Soprano Pineapple (koa)

Well I haven't contacted Joel yet, but I thought I would ask him for a set of 0.019, 0.025, 0.028, and 0.036, with the 28 being from the hard set.

From what we've seen posted here, the Worth Clear CL/CL-LG Light set is 0.0185, 0.026, 0.029, and 0.358, so I should certainly try those as well.
    Blackbird Farallon Ekoa Tenor
    Beltona Songster Resonator Tenor
    Klos Carbon Fiber Tenor
    Magic Fluke Tenor Firefly Banjolele

Quote Originally Posted by rafter View Post
    Interesting. Can I ask, what configuration is the "Brad Bordessa" set, and what size/scale do you use it for?
    Pretty sure it's .036/.032/.028/.023" - for low-GCEA tenor. So basically the low-end from his "soft" set and the high-end from his "hard" set. All unwound, but I do use a Savarez KF95 for the low-G. Joel didn't have any gauges at the time I liked for the G. I made a video on my reasoning for the C-string adjustment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjE8gmXdlYE&t=5s for the nerdy among you.

I really need to get in touch with him again and find out if he's made any changes. I know he was trying to get as much feedback as possible about them and implement it. I hate to be giving out incorrect advice, though it looks like the gauges are the same on the Etsy.
    Brad Bordessa

6th Sense Course - Learn to play double-stop 6th harmonies

Listen to my ʻukulele podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by besley View Post
    Well I haven't contacted Joel yet, but I thought I would ask him for a set of 0.019, 0.025, 0.028, and 0.036, with the 28 being from the hard set.

From what we've seen posted here, the Worth Clear CL/CL-LG Light set is 0.0185, 0.026, 0.029, and 0.358, so I should certainly try those as well.
    Pretty sure it's .036/.032/.028/.023" - for low-GCEA tenor. So basically the low-end from his "soft" set and the high-end from his "hard" set. All unwound, but I do use a Savarez KF95 for the low-G. Joel didn't have any gauges at the time I liked for the G. I made a video on my reasoning for the C-string adjustment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjE8gmXdlYE&t=5s for the nerdy among you.

I really need to get in touch with him again and find out if he's made any changes. I know he was trying to get as much feedback as possible about them and implement it. I hate to be giving out incorrect advice, though it looks like the gauges are the same on the Etsy.

Thanks for these suggestions!

I just put some Uke Logic soft tension strings on a new-to-me Pono RTSH tenor and really like the sound. The uke is a little quieter compared to the Living Waters strings I tried shortly before them. Though I like the tone better for this uke.

I tried most brands out there, but once I found UKE LOGIC, I've never looked back ! They are hands down, the best Uke strings FOR ME and my instruments. Depending on the UKE, some 'like' soft tension while others 'like' the hard tension set.

If you've never.... at least try a set ? A tad pricey, but worth every cent IMO.

Thread Information