Ukulele T-Shirts

VegasGeorge

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I have a small collection of Uke T-Shirts that I like to wear. They all say something about Ukes. The one I’m wearing today says: “I play Ukulele because I like it, not because I’m good at it.” I’ve gotten more comments and fist bumps on this shirt than any other. People really seem to relate to it. What Uke shirt of yours gets the most attention?

Last edited:
I have a small collection of Uke T-Shirts that I like to wear. They all say something about Ukes. The one I’m wearing today says: “I play Ukulele because I like it, not because I’m good at it.” I’ve gotten more comments and fist bumps on this shirt than any other. People really
seem to relate to it. What Uke shirt of yours gets the most attention?

That sounds like the right shirt for me. : )

My Ukulele Underground shirt, in a close tie with my Making Ukulele Music shirt I got for teaching kids in our summer camp programs.

I've got one, that a friend got for me.

It says:
Will play ukulele for free.
Will stop for money​

Oddly enough, the first time I wore it, I was performing at the local farmers' market, and one of the the folks asked me if I could stop playing for a moment. I was puzzled, then she asked me to sign a receipt, and when I did, she handed me $50. "See? The shirt works>" she said, as she walked away.

Well I don't own one (yet....) but I've always fancied the Uke shirt that says "I Play Ukulele - Don't Ask Me To Sing".

I have many. My sentimental favorite is the one I got at TBUG (Tampa Bay Ukulele Getaway) in Nov. 2019. My last ukulele related travel/family visit pre-pandemic. Running second in the sentimental category is my Ukulele Catskill t-shirt. My mental health lifesavers on Zoom this past year.

The one that gets a chuckle.....Life without ukulele would Bb

My favorite ukulele T-shirts are the ones from festivals and workshops that I have attended, especially these days when there aren't any festivals and workshops to attend.

I've always wanted this one, but not quite qualified to wear it.

-WiggyUke-Warning.jpg

I have one that says: "World's Okayest Ukulele Player."

I try to live up to that shirt every time I pickup my ukulele.

I’ve gotten knowing laughs and thumbs up on my “No such thing as too many ukuleles” shirt.

I would like to get one that says "No Such Thing As Too Many Ukulele Shirts." I feel self conscious wearing the shirts with some message that makes a statement about myself. I don't want to proclaim to the world that I play the ukulele, or anything else for that matter. But that doesn't stop me from buying them and not wearing them. I have a drawer full of shirts I don't wear in public. Several from ukulele festivals and music festivals I've attended. That's why I like winter, I can wear them under other shirts.

I would like to get one that says "No Such Thing As Too Many Ukulele Shirts." I feel self conscious wearing the shirts with some message that makes a statement about myself. I don't want to proclaim to the world that I play the ukulele, or anything else for that matter. But that doesn't stop me from buying them and not wearing them. I have a drawer full of shirts I don't wear in public. Several from ukulele festivals and music festivals I've attended. That's why I like winter, I can wear them under other shirts.

"No Such Thing As Too Many Ukuleles" ;)

I'm the same way about T-shirts - and bumper stickers. I used to wear Guinness T-shirts, though. :)

Really? $50.00 to stop playing? Or, did you mean to say $5.00? Either way, that's a hoot. Next time take an Accordion or Bagpipe instead. You'll really clean up!

Fifty. They decided to start paying the performers at the market. It had been $25 for a solo, $50 for a group, but they decided to start paying $50 to solos that day.

Then the pandemic brought it all to a screeching halt - no performers allowed.

I frequently wear ukulele themed T shirts. The problem is that I forget I'm wearing one. When some stranger starts talking to me about ukes, I'm thinking, "How do they know? Is this someone I've met before?"

I'm hopeless with faces and names!

John Colter

Top Bottom