FS: 2015 Takumi TT-1M Mahogany Tenor Ukulele

Status
Not open for further replies.

eternal tinkerer

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Up for sale is my 2015 Takumi TT-1M tenor ukulele. The instrument is used and in very good-excellent condition. It is made of solid Honduras mahogany (top, back, and sides) and has an all gloss finish. Fretboard and bridge are Indian rosewood. Tuners are Gotoh 4:1 planetary with gold body and amber buttons. Strings are Living Waters with low G tuning.

As currently set up, the uke has a really nice woody and crisp yet warm tone.

Last edited:
I have a Takumi TT-3M and it is fantastic instrument. It holds it's own with my Collings UT2-M Mahogany tenor! Seriously, it's that good. It has a Japanese sound to it since the Takumi ukuleles were designed and built by Master Builder: Yusuke Kawakami. Clear, crisp yet resonant notes. Sounds wonderful with fluorocarbon strings.

Takumi has stopped making ukuleles under that name, because their luthier retired. Instead it''s now the name for the parent umbrella company.

As stated it has a beautiful light build. The Fremont case is great as well. Takumi ukes were sold in these cases the last year they were made.

Last edited:
Takumis are great. I used to have the concert version of this and it was just lovely. These almost never come up and this is a very fair price. I'd be very very tempted to jump on this but would need to let something go first.

Good luck with the sale!

Are those Gotoh planetary-geared tuners?

Wow Kenn2018 - that's quite a history on Takumi! Thank you so much for providing that information. I've had interest in Takumi and Kiwaya for some time. What you mention explains why I don't see many Takumi ukes on the marketplace these days.

Thanks CPG!

Yep, Snargle, those are Gotoh planetary-geared tuners.

Last edited:
Very possibly interested. PM sent.

Praise the Lord! I don’t have to stress anymore over how i justify to my wife why I had to have this ukulele. Alex, I really wanted to buy it. Had I not been tied up with lessons the day you texted me, I would have pulled the trigger on my PayPal account.

Congratulations to the new owner.

Tom

Haha no worries, Tom! I've been in your shoes a few times already - i.e. hoping someone else will buy an instrument and make the decision easy for me - so not problem at all. Cheers!

Last edited:
Tom,

UU keeps truncating my private messages. I am the fortunate buyer of this Takumi. I have been in your shoes before (tied up with music at an inopportune moment); thank you for the gracious congratulations.

From one teacher to another, I will give you first dibs on this Takumi should I end up not bonding with it. In the unlikely event that I re-list the Takumi, I’ll be sure to let you know first.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom