Any of the old crew still here? I see a lot of names I do not recognize.

Hi Tony!

I remember you. I remember you having health issues and I remember thinking when I stopped seeing you as much in this forum that your health issues might have been getting in the way of active participation. I'm glad that you seem to be doing well.

I drop in on the forum, not every day but a few times a week, and I don't post as much as I used to. Chuck Moore is probably right - everything that needs to be said HAS been said, at least for those of us who have been forum members for a long time. I think there's a cyclical nature to specialty forums - a person joins with all sorts of questions, then finds himself answering the same questions for more recent newbiew, and later discovers that those one-time newbies are answering the same question for yet another wave of newbies. There are also platforms that didn't exist when this forum started, noticably Facebook, which has several ukulele-themed groups and pages where people do things similar to the things they did in the UU forum. I like dropping in to UU to see if there are new issues or topics that come up, and once in a while there is one, or someone posts an uke in the marketplace that I might be interested in, or someone posts a cool video I'm glad I got to see.

Since I last saw you here, I've learned to play UBass, and I have a couple of tenor guitars, tuned like baritone ukuleles. I somehow inherited a meetup group called the San Francisco Ukulele Rebellion, and since the pandemic began I've been leading a Rebellion Zoom jam every other Saturday evening, so my focus has turned a bit to the technology that it helps to learn about to make those jams run smoothly. I've also been working full-time (from home since late March 2020), and my life is a little more hectic than I'd hopd. I've written some songs, and I'm taking a Zoom class to learn Hawaiian.

Glad to see you here and glad to know that you're still using ukulele playing as a way to relax, especially during these stressful times. I'm happy for your daughter. Be well!

I'm still here, Tony.

But I'm still here, still noodling, and still checking the forum daily.

My best to you and your family, and it is great to know that you are still around.

-Kurt​

Glad to see you still here brother and doing well. I hope you are recovering from the covid economy though. I really enjoyed our chats. As I did with the rest. Glad to hear from many of the old team. Is Stan still around? There was a gal I remember I enjoyed but can't remember her name. It was something "bug". I remember her having some bad health issues. I hope she is doing ok. She is the one that I named one of my mini ukes after "Ladybug". Good to see some of the old foke are still around.

Hi Tony, good to 'see you' back! I have been on here for a good few years,although I have had to re-register a couple of times owing to loss of password etc for varied reasons! So obviously I have rejoined under different names, but I remember you posting regularly when I first came aboard.

Glad to see you still here brother and doing well. I hope you are recovering from the covid economy though. I really enjoyed our chats. As I did with the rest. Glad to hear from many of the old team. Is Stan still around? There was a gal I remember I enjoyed but can't remember her name. It was something "bug". I remember her having some bad health issues. I hope she is doing ok. She is the one that I named one of my mini ukes after "Ladybug". Good to see some of the old foke are still around.

Joeybug hasn't been on the forum since 2015, so I have not idea if she is OK. Haven't chatted with Stan for a bit - according to the forum, his last activity was February 17 of this year.

And there are always certain people who change identities... (I'm talking to YOU, MountainGoat!)

-Kurt

Cheers! It's been a long ride since '08. Glad to see some original folks here.

Edit: My stats say it was actually '07!

Had to check my profile to see when I joined UU...couldn’t have guessed it was 2012!

I’ve enjoyed reading many of the threads here and posting in a few, well, maybe quite a few.

Yeah, Stan The Mystery Man, he used to post a lot back when. Hope he is doing Ok.

I haven’t been around for a bit, but it is good to see some recognizable names in this thread. It feels like last year played a number on us all. Good to see you posting Chuck.

keep hanging in there and here to. I sympathize with your stroke issues. I had one that manifested itself by me dropping the Hotrod Regal let alone playing it. Left hand was pretty much useless. That was 3 years ago and I've recovered but can't bar chords like before. Another change was to gift and sell off the result of UAS. Still have alot and the shop is still my refuge.

Joeybug hasn't been on the forum since 2015, so I have not idea if she is OK. Haven't chatted with Stan for a bit - according to the forum, his last activity was February 17 of this year.

And there are always certain people who change identities... (I'm talking to YOU, MountainGoat!)

-Kurt

Hi Kurt! I hope you're well.

I see Joeybug on Facebook. She seems to be completely immersed these days in writing novels, and she checks in there from time to time to post about her writing adventures. She still has health issues, but she seems to be managing them.

I've been here since 2011. Still playing uke and mostly classical piano. Stay well. Petey

Hi Tony. I do remember the old days. And I remember you talking about the Goth boy back then.
I look in every week or two, but this is my first post since 2018. My lurking got me in trouble a year or so ago. I found a Kamaka Ohta-San in the Marketplace that I couldn't resist.

Up until the pandemic, I played bass in several bluegrass bands, and uke in a group. Currently I'm playing uke and percussion with a couple of friends on mandolin and guitar. We are doing some jazz standards and Gypsy jazz (Grisman, Django).

Good to hear from you and the other "elders" on here.

Bill

Hi Kurt! I hope you're well.

I see Joeybug on Facebook. She seems to be completely immersed these days in writing novels, and she checks in there from time to time to post about her writing adventures. She still has health issues, but she seems to be managing them.

Thanks Marc. I'm holding up.

However, both of my in-laws have passed away, and we sold their house in Los Gatos - haven't been to California since. We _were_ planning on a visit last summer, but, well... you know...

Maybe in a couple of years we can get out - we have three storage units bleeding us dry...

And as I don't use Facebook, I'll never run into Joeybug. Give her my regards, if you would.

-Kurt

I dunno if you recall me or not. I post a few jokes now and then. I'm usually very busy with my (now a quartet) ensemble, the
Ladies of Uke, and the other one, the Mother Pluckers.
Good to see you back in here!

Top Bottom