Review of the Vanphy Electric/Accoustic Tenor Uke

spirittoo

Reaction score
Wellsir I got the uke a day early and so far I like it. It P1040898.jpg

It came with a nice gig bag that has padding, not just a dust cover. It has a build in tuner, and it also comes with a tuner. Got some picks ... an extra set of strings ... looks generic, but the uke itself comes with the Aguila strings with the high G. I replaced that with a low G string. Tenor ukes should have the low G IMO. It comes with a strap, and a cleaning cloth.

The action is nice easy to play. It looks nice too although there is a slight rough spot on the back, but no big deal. Of course the tuners are cheap plastic, but so far they do the job. I like the straight line tuners and the shape is nice too.

When I hook it up to my amp it is pretty loud. I was surprised. To my ear it sounds okay hooked up. Looks like it is pretty well made ... solid and very light. For $82.19 to the door I think I got a pretty good deal. Great beginner Uke.:agree::music::nana:

Thanks for your review, spirittoo. By the way, there is section on the UU Forum (called “Ukulele Reviews”) specifically for this type of thing. Something to keep in mind when you post your next review ... because you just know there will be another new ukulele review at some point in your life. :) Glad to see you are enjoying your musical journey!

Hey Spiritoo, Looks as though your purchase worked out well. Glad to hear that the action is good and and easy to play. And that the electronics work fine. It sounds as though you did indeed get a good deal and that it will suit your purposes just fine. Congratulations!

I like straight line tuners too. My first uke was a Fender acoustic.

Enjoy your new tenor.

Sorry about posting in the wrong area. Is there a moderator that can put this thread in the right one.

Sorry about posting in the wrong area. Is there a moderator that can put this thread in the right one.

I’m not sure if the moderators do that sort of thing. It probably would be easier for you to just copy the text of your original review into a new post for the Reviews section. Or you can leave the review where it is. No big deal. :)

People post NUD, (new ukulele day), in this section all the time. This isn't the wrong area, but there is also another area where you could post it, too. But it's got lots of company in this section as a NUD.

Most importantly, it sounds like you're enjoying your new ukulele, and that's great to hear.

I certainly am enjoying that uke. It is amazing to me how they can sell these instruments at a low price but still gives a playable instrument. I have been seeing video reviews of instruments that are surprisingly low like $45 to the door for a Glarry guitar. They are great for beginners and those that want to learn how to work on instruments.

Too bad it wasn't like this when we were kids.:eek:ld:

Top Bottom