Anuenue S10 Bird vs Cordoba mini

Contrails

Reaction score
Hi,
I am looking for another 20 in scale guitar. There are quite some reviews on the Cordoba mini but I can’t seem to find much info on the Anuenue S10 online. Just wondering if anyone here owns one or has played it before. I am looking for a comparison between the 2 before I buy.

Here’s the link to the S10
https://www.anuenuemusic.com/en/nylon/S10

Both of them have a wider neck which is my requirement. One is 48mm and the other 50mm(both close to 2in).

I currently have a Romero Creations B6 Nylon and I really love the scale length and neck width. I also have a 23 in scale acoustic and I find my fingers all squashed up and most likely will sell this away. No more short scale narrow necks for me right now. It just doesn’t work for me. On a full scale guitar it’s fine but then I find that I struggle for reach! Lol.

So if anyone has any experience between the 2 I would love to hear your opinion. Thank you.

I’d like to hear about either of these, too.

I’m also curious.

The Cordoba mini seems to be a popular guilele recommendation. I haven’t played one myself, but my experiences with lower, entry-level Cordoba ukuleles haven’t been anything to write home about.

I would imagine the Romero 6 string is a much better instrument.

I have an Islander GL6, which I’m very happy with, but the 2” nut width is a bit larger than I’d like. I’ve considered upgrading to a Kanile’a GL6, but the nut width makes me hesitate. If you’re happy with a wider nut, I’d encourage you to take a look at the GL6.

I didn’t even know Anuenue had a guilele in its lineup. The slightly narrower nut width sounds appealing, but I’m not surprised that reviews of the S10 are difficult to find. I don’t think they’re being distributed in the U.S. But I’d like to try one out or at least see/hear some reviews.

Yes those S10 seems to be hard to find. Some of the YouTube videos that I found are in Japanese or Chinese which I can’t understand. Lol! They seem to be sporadically found within certain countries in Asia after checking Anuenue website.

I had a go at a cordoba mini recently. The neck seems broader than a Romero 6 but in actual fact it isn’t, just that the profile is very thin. It’s feels very different fm the RC6. Aquila strings seem to suit this cordoba better as well. Not surprising since it is designed to match.

I will try to get my hands on one of this S10. Not sure how Long that would take.

I found a S10 today and am in the process of cleaning it up and restringing it. It comes with a fishman pick up and so I am guessing this is one of the older versions as the later ones come with their own Air Blue pickups. Whilst wiping it down the nut fell off so I guess I have to spend some time re-glueing the nut back on and this will delay me string it up. There was so little glue used on the nut.
First impressions, the finish is smooth and much better than the Cordoba mini(rough to the touch, I used a 2000 grit sand paper and went over the whole thing and now it’s nice). The nut and saddle is bone. I can’t figure out what the bridge pins are but the are definitely not plastic. Not digging the headstock. It just seems too long. Will post some pictures when I get it all done up.

I had a go at a cordoba mini recently. The neck seems broader than a Romero 6 but in actual fact it isn’t, just that the profile is very thin. It’s feels very different fm the RC6. Aquila strings seem to suit this cordoba better as well. Not surprising since it is designed to match.

I will try to get my hands on one of this S10. Not sure how Long that would take.
Congrats on finding the S10. Looking forward to hearing your take on it.

Was your go at the Cordoba mini just a trial or did you actually pick it up? How does/did it compare to the Romero Creations B6?

Congrats on finding the S10. Looking forward to hearing your take on it.

Was your go at the Cordoba mini just a trial or did you actually pick it up? How does/did it compare to the Romero Creations B6?
I have all 3 with me now. Will find some time to do some comparison. The Romero B6 is definitely better than the cordoba mini. But price wise they are not in the same category.

Finally Managed to fix the nut and strung it up today. Here are the 3 amigos. The cordoba mini has the smallest lower bout of the 3. The anuenue is the slimmest, about 5mm less than the cordoba mini. The RC has the biggest body in all dimension by a bit. The anuenue has the slimmest neck. The edges of the neck are thin too. The RC neck almost feels chunky compared to it, but it actually isn’t. Anuenue comes in a satin finish that has a smoother finish than the cordoba. Open pore finish on the back, sides and headstock. Here are some measurements. I haven’t got calipers so they are not 100% accurate but I dare say about 95%. Out by less than 1mm.

cordoba mini
nut width 48mm
string spacing at nut 39.5mm
string spacing at bridge 61.25mm

anuenue S10
nut width 48mm
string spacing at nut 39.5mm
string spacing at bridge 59mm

RC B6
nut width 49mm
string spacing at nut 41mm
string spacing at bridge 58.25mm

Attachments

• 6238BD10-24F7-495E-8431-AA2B27E6602B.jpeg
    6238BD10-24F7-495E-8431-AA2B27E6602B.jpeg
    432.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 77CA87C4-3CF4-4E26-A6BB-5A3580B2605C.jpeg
    77CA87C4-3CF4-4E26-A6BB-5A3580B2605C.jpeg
    319.6 KB · Views: 39
Oh okay, I've seen some people do this and others don't and wasn't sure if there was a reason, even if it was just "I like the aesthetic."
Some people do it so that they can reuse the string if it snaps near the bridge area. I doubt that will happen to me as mine doesn’t get enough playing time to reach that stage before I restring them. There is about 12-13 inches of spare string.

Top Bottom