Greetings from Canada!

Farkvam

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've been lurking on this forum for a couple of months and just thought I'd introduce myself. Despite owning an entry level ukulele for some years, I have just begun playing in earnest and consider myself a beginner.
Where it all began : I walked into a music shop on my lunch break about 15 years ago and saw a $60 Hilo soprano ukulele hanging on the wall. I played guitar a bit but knew nothing about ukuleles. The clerk told me if I can sing My Dog Has Fleas in tune I'll be just fine (I'm learning now there's much more to it than that ha ha). I walked out with that uke under my arm and had fun bringing it to university, on plane trips (it's been played by a couple dozen kids at an English camp in Poland) and tinkering with it at home.
Fast forward to the present and I've been stuck at home due to a lengthy but temporary illness. I dug my cheap Hilo out of the closet a couple months ago to ease my boredom and wow! I love it more than ever! I love that I can sit with it on my lap and play it for just a couple minutes at a time if I like. I've ordered an Ohana SK-25 from one of two Ohana dealers in Ontario and can't wait to try it. If this newfound passion keeps up, I'd love to take a little jaunt to Hawaii one day and pick one out from one of the "four K's."
Thanks for listening to my little story. PS hello to BazMaz if he sees this, loving his site and YouTube channel!

Welcome to UU, Farkvam!
It seems you've been bitten by the bug. Enjoy the ride. There's just so much fun to be had ;)

Welcome to UU Farkvan and hello from Chicago, USA!

Fellow Canadians are always welcome on the UU Forum. :) I currently live in the U.S. (Oregon), but I was born in Halifax, and spent the first 40+ years of my life in NS, NB, and BC. Anyhoo...it’s great to discover another devotee to the mighty uke. So glad to hear you are enjoying your musical journey!

Hi Farkvam, welcome to the UU Forum. Glad you introduced yourself.

Pretty cool story about your Hilo soprano. I also think you will enjoy your Ohana. Since you've been a lurker, you know the allure of UAS.

I wish you a complete recovery. In the meantime, enjoy your ukes.

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone! Joe T, I used to live in Chicago for a few years growing up. Streeterville and the Gold Coast area. Love it!
Jan D I have yet to visit the Maritimes but it's probably going to be the first trip I take as soon as I am able :)

Top Bottom