Romero Spalted Mango Grand Tenor - your opinion?

bennyhana22

Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm very seriously considering getting a spalted mango Romero GT in a couple of months. If I did, I'd almost certainly get a MiSi pick-up installed by the shop.

I'd be grateful for reviews of this uke from anyone who has/has had one.

In particular, accepting that every handmade instrument is unique, how would you rate the intonation?

And what is it like plugged in?

Grateful for all thoughts and observations.

Thanks!

Ben
:)

Hi Ben, I don’t have the spalted mango version, but the Romero GT in solid spruce top, laminated back and a MISI pickup. But I also have other RC ukes in mahogany and Koa woods. My GT intonation is good, I would say similar to my RC Tenor even tho it has a laminated back, certainly the spruce top helps as well. I haven’t used the MISI pickup much but next week I can record it raw and with pickup if you like to hear the difference.

I literally just received a spalted mango Tiny Tenor today. I think you'll be very, very pleased with the tone of the grand tenor in mango. The overall quality of the Romero Creations ukes is excellent

Thanks both for your helpful replies.

@Skyhawk - yes, I'd be very interested in your impression of the GT when plugged in, thanks!

Ben

Thanks both for your helpful replies.

@Skyhawk - yes, I'd be very interested in your impression of the GT when plugged in, thanks!

Ben

Hi Ben, not sure how to attached recording files here. if you pm me of your email address and I can send you the samples I just recorded for GT raw and plugin.

Top Bottom