Thread: Brit Box

Default Brit Box

Wife and I have gotten into a lot of the British mystery shows. We really like Shakespeare and Hathaway, Rosemary and Thyme, and Midsomer Murders. Not mysteries, but also liked Good Neighbors, Blanding's and Wooster and Jeeves. Which have to get on replay as they are not on any more.
    Anybody else get into these?

Love British mystery shows. Currently into the Vera series - read all the books.
    Flea with Custom Rosemaling | Kala Spruce Top Spalted Maple Body Tenor with Low G | Lanikai LU-21 Mahogany Soprano | LoPrinzi Mahogany Concert | Mainland Mahogany Slotted Headstock Tenor with High G | Mainland Mahogany Concert Banjo-uke | Mainland Mango Pineapple | Makala Black Dolphin | Makala Sea Foam Green Shark | 1950's Martin Style 1 | Enya Camp Uke | 1920's Banjo Uke

Not sure where everybody is from, but library services carry two streaming services here in Canada . Hoopla, which I believe is out of Cleveland Ohio, and Kanopy...not sure where they are from. These are free services and especially Hoopla, carry many British mystery shows....for a free service they are outstanding. PBS also carry British mysteries, such as Shake&Hath and many others. The PBS streaming service passport is only $60 per year and you have access to a treasure strove of British mysteries.

Also Scott and Bailey, The Unforgotten, River, The Fall, Spooks (MI-5). I think they're all on BritBox. I like some of the non mystery things like Last Tango in Halifax as well (anything with Nicola Walker in it I tend to love).

I like the serial format rather than the "let's wrap it up in an hour" format of American TV

Thread Information