FS: aNueNue US200 Soprano Moonbird Ukulele (U.S.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eternal tinkerer

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
For Sale: aNueNue US200 Soprano Moonbird ukulele, which is in excellent condition. With fluorocarbon strings, this uke sounds deliciously fruity and smells kind of sweet like candy. I purchased the instrument brand new last December, played it only occasionally, and kept it in the same great care as my other ukuleles. There are no objectionable scratches and no dings. To be honest, the uke looks as-new. Top is Swiss moon spruce. Back and sides are Indian rosewood. Tuners are all-black Gotoh 4:1 ratio planetary tuners. Strings are Fremont Black Lines in high-G tuning. The blue as-new case is included.

Asking price is $*SOLD* including shipping within the continental U.S.

I am putting up for sale my soprano Moonbird because I would like to replace it with a UT200 (tenor) Moonbird at some point.

Last edited:
I've never been a huge fan of Soprano size. I've tried 4 or 5 different ones. It wasn't til I got my US200 that I found a Soprano worth keeping. I love mine. It really holds its anotation way up the neck. Someone will love this uke fore sure!

Shanmoon, and Eternal Tinkerer,
It’s hard to find a Soprano that doesn’t wimp out at the upper end of the “A” string. What is the volume, tone, and sustain like on the US200’s “A” string when played up the neck around the 10th or 12th fret?

Hi Jan D, as I pluck the "A" string, volume is fairly constant and tone is good to my ears. Sustain is pretty good until the 15th fret, where it's shorter than on the lower frets.

Thanks for the feedback. I’ve been admiring the Moonbirds for several years now. It’s good to know that the soprano would easily meet my needs. Now if I could only get it to meet my budget... :)

Thread drift, sorry... So swapping the saddle to a compensated one on the bridge of my Kamaka White from the 70's is probably not gonna cut it intonation-wise? ShanMoon describes my exact experience with sopranos, though have not tried a Anuenue US200.
I've never been a huge fan of Soprano size. I've tried 4 or 5 different ones. It wasn't til I got my US200 that I found a Soprano worth keeping. I love mine. It really holds its anotation way up the neck. Someone will love this uke fore sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom