Tiny Boy Bass

When I first reached out, they didn't seem to want to do flatwounds in that length for a number of reasons. I was looking for tapewound either way, so it's fine with me. They will probably make flatwounds but urge you against it.
In that case I'll stick with the Galli 23" flatwound. I was hoping to eliminate the silk ends, don't like the various colors that are done.

Last edited:
Just back from the luthier with new bridge, pickups and tapewounds installed with a full setup. This little thing is tons of fun!

Attachments

• 20210601_142110.jpg
    20210601_142110.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 20210601_142116.jpg
    20210601_142116.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 29
When I first reached out, they didn't seem to want to do flatwounds in that length for a number of reasons. I was looking for tapewound either way, so it's fine with me. They will probably make flatwounds but urge you against it.
In that case I'll stick with the Galli 23" flatwound. I was hoping to eliminate the silk ends, don't like the various colors that are done.
Just back from the luthier with new bridge, pickups and tapewounds installed with a full setup. This little thing is tons of fun!
Very nice. I just picked up one of my Hadean 20.75" bass ukes to which my guy Eric's Guitar added a piezo fully adjustable all metal bridge and used the Kala/Galli short flatwounds, very happy with it.

I also contacted Pyramid and they're making me 2 sets of 24" flatwound for my longer Hadean solid bodies with the same bridge, .045 .065 .085 .105. With monetary conversion and shipping from Germany, the cost is $118.79, $59.40 each. The Gold Tone/La Bella MBLS are $44.38, $15 more for custom is not bad.

Last edited:
Man, that is a cool bass. While I don't play the bass. It is very inspiring. I think I'll find a shop here in Los Angeles that has one to try.

And I found this review on YT. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ15YPuOKD4

Top Bottom