Hi from Mexico!

JanetRose

Reaction score
Young retiree living in Baja California, took up the uke in earnest during COVID. Loving learning blues and jazz standards, and looking for good source material for chords and lyrics to Duke Ellington/Ella Fitzgerald songs.

Welcome to UU, JanetRose!

Spencer Gay has a couple of good ones in his chord melody songbook. He has chord names and diagrams so that you can strum along. If you want to practise fingerstyle, there is a lot of material to choose from. The songs vary in genre, so it's not all in the style that you want to play now. However, it's a free resource, you'll learn a lot, and maybe you'll find new songs and ideas for when you want someting else for a bit.

https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...hord+Melody+Songbook+7+11+18+Great+c3wopt.pdf

I too thought about retiring south of the border. But, I was concerned about political instability vis a vie foreigners property rights, 1st Amendment type rights, etcetera. And, I was worried about the drug cartels and indiscriminate crime and violence. So, I didn't do it. I hope it is working out well for you. Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to UU, I hope you enjoy it!

For chords and lyrics, go to Dr. Uke. It's beginner/intermediate level, and will definitely get you started.

Bluesy.

Welcome to the forum!

Hi Janet Rose, Congratulations on your retirement and playing the ukulele. Love those jazz standards.

Enjoy.

Welcome to UU Janet Rose and a big hello from Chicago, USA!

Top Bottom