Titchtheclown ukuleles

Titchtheclown

Reaction score
The McGee Thunder Drop Bear Bass. Based on a Gibson Thunderbird, unreversed body and headstock. I must admit when asked for a Thunderbird I wondered whether it was to be based on Thunderbird one two or three and if Lady Penelope or Vergil would be involved.

Made with meranti old door frame body, tassie oak neck with blackwood mid stripe. And face plate.Fretboard is karri stained with vinegar and steel wool. Fret dots from abalone kitchen leftovers. I ordered a blank neck plate off Aliexpress and it came with Fender logos, hence the extra necessary engraving.

Made for fun and not for profit.
I make anything.

20210328_203710.jpg
20210328_203724.jpg
20210328_203742.jpg
20210328_203753.jpg

Last edited:
As always Titch--awesome!! Love the engraving on the Fender plate and the record fragment with the polkas on the back. Gee I'm happy when I get my cookie tins going.

As I mentioned on the UBass Freaks Facebook group, very nice work.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 38)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Top Bottom