My first original song

S11LKO

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls,

I recently started writing (for the first time ever) some original songs rather than just doing the covers I'm usually known for.
This is one of the first I did.

There IS a few seconds of spoken dialogue before the music begins which, if you don't subscribe to my YouTube channel, won't mean much to you - so please accept my apologies and skip through it, but I hope you like the song anyway...

Nice performance, clever lyrics. Compelling music, almost made me want to go jump off Tallahassee Bridge. :p

The song has great lyrics, a musical melody, and a terrific bluesy feel. I love it! The video has such a great rhythmic groove that I couldn’t resist bopping along to it. :) Well done, Dave. Keep ‘em coming!

The song has great lyrics, a musical melody, and a terrific bluesy feel. I love it! The video has such a great rhythmic groove that I couldn’t resist bopping along to it. :) Well done, Dave. Keep ‘em coming!

Thanks Jan. I’m glad you liked it and your feedback prompts me to perhaps try another go. I was recently bedbound for about five weeks and wrote four songs for the first time ever (all recently put on my YouTube channel) as something to keep me occupied while I was immobile - this was one of them - so I’m really happy it’s seeming to be well received. Dave

You knocked it out of the park with first original song, Dave!
It has a great beat to it. Very catchy riff.

Thanks Joseph. Glad you like it. It seems to have been received well by most who’ve heard it.
I’ve already posted three more originals over on my YouTube channel, and I’m trying to write some more. I’ve never been much good at it but I’m enjoy the process as something different to do than just covering the songs of others all the time. (Although I enjoy that too! lol) Regards, Dave

Finally made some time to view your video, Dave. This is a great song and Rio surely did add some nice additions. Composing is tough and something that never came easy for me and thus I've only written a handful of songs my entire musical life. I have to agree with others that on your first original song you indeed knocked it out of the park. Congrats! Onward and upward.

Finally made some time to view your video, Dave. This is a great song and Rio surely did add some nice additions. Composing is tough and something that never came easy for me and thus I've only written a handful of songs my entire musical life. I have to agree with others that on your first original song you indeed knocked it out of the park. Congrats! Onward and upward.

Thanks Dominator. I really appreciate your listen and comment, and I’m glad you like my humble effort. Ryo is a very clever guy, that’s for sure! Dave

Dave:

Somehow I overlooked this earlier video. It's fantastic. Great job by the both of you. The audio of your singing and playing comes in crisp and clear. What audio recorder did you use? Or was post-processing done on it by Ryo using something like Pro Tools?

Luke

Dave:

Somehow I overlooked this earlier video. It's fantastic. Great job by the both of you. The audio of your singing and playing comes in crisp and clear. What audio recorder did you use? Or was post-processing done on it by Ryo using something like Pro Tools?

Luke

Dave:

Luke

Hi Luke.

Thanks again my friend. My original basic video was recorded while I was ill with my ongoing health problems, so was recorded directly using my 2020 iPhone SE and it’s inbuilt mic. People often say how good the video and sound is when recording that way. What resources the very clever Ryo uses at his end I really don’t know, sorry.
Just for comparison purposes, this was my original video as I posted before Ryo got a hold of it...

Top Bottom