New Bass Day - Custom Bruce Wei Arts carved archtop bass uke.

KohanMike

Los Angeles, Beverly Grove West
UU VIP
Reaction score
Here's my latest custom bass uke made by Bruce Wei Arts in Vietnam. I saw a tenor uke of this design on his eBay store and asked if he could make it as a 23" scale bass uke. He said yes for $800 including express shipping.

It took about 4 months for his work, but he doesn't do electronics, so I took it to my luthier, Eric's Guitar in Van Nuys, CA to add a preamp and pickup I had, plus a set of Gotoh gold tuners I had, and a set of Gold Tone/La Bella MBLS 25" flatwound strings I had. His work was $280. Eric said Bruce's build was very well done.

It has a solid carved spruce top, solid spruce truss rod cover, solid walnut sides, solid walnut and flame maple carved alternating back, solid maple and walnut neck, sold ebony faceplate, fretboard, bridge, tailpiece and arm rest, solid flame maple binding on the neck. I had him add the leaf design sound hole to the faceplate and tailpiece.

I plays great and I'm extremely happy with it.

BWA Archtop done both 1024.jpg

Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 36)
•Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
•Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Last edited:
That's a looker for sure! :cheers:

Wow, very, very nice job he did, I am thinking on taking bass lessons

Check out Stephen cox, he has tons of different lessons...

Mike, That is really a beautiful instrument.

Top Bottom