Sound recording setup for non-professional usage

I think the volume on my snowball is a little low...

Also, you may need to adjust the mic input volume from your computer.
You can do that from within the Windows sound settings or audio software.

Generally speaking, you should be able to turn up the mic so that it's too sensitive prompting you to turn it down

As others said, you can adjust the input volume, either via the adjust button on the mic, or in Windows settings. Also when you record, put the mic near the Ukulele, not too far.
You have to balance between the input volume. The higher volume, the more noise.
My previous Windows input volume is 90%, which is too high and too noisy. I adjusted it to 58%, the volume is too low. Today I changed it to 70% and seems fine now.

When I wanted a better mic for recording lectures a few places mentioned that the snowball was quiet. I got one anyway. They were right. I need to be right up against it. I switched to a Yeti and the difference is immense. There's a gain control on the mic and 4 patterns.

I used OBS Studio to record audio and video. There's a learning curve but it's a really flexible program.

I've edited my reply about my idea of Screen Recorder Pro. To draw your attention to not to waste your time, I will also reply here.

I take back what I said about Screen Recorder Pro. It's too buggy to use. Its recording can't even keep the timing! It's horrible for sound recording, or completely unusable.
DON'T waste time on it. I just uninstalled it.
I will focus on using Audacity, and I already found Audacity recording quality is pretty good.

Top Bottom