Pohaku reviews?

mineymole

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Anyone hear own a soprano or concert 10 by Pohaku Ukuleles?

Do you like it? Can't find any reviews.

Here is a concert 10 video I saw recently

CPG has written here about his Pohaku soprano and loves it

I don't own any, but I've had the privilege to play both a soprano and a concert 10 by Pohaku. They were some of the best ukes I have ever played.

What would you say the differences are between the Soprano and the Concert 10?

The concert 10 has a concert scale neck. Size wise, it is between a traditional concert and soprano body. But to me it feels more mike a concert, at that is how I perceive mine. It is both slightly more punchy than most concerts and has more base--kind of an amazing things he pulls off. A lovely uke. You mentioned Donaldson as well. Both are great, and both luthiers are great to deal with. Brad is a bit less expensive for his base models, but I think his prices are amazingly low. Pohaku are also great for the money, IMHO.

The concert 10 has a concert scale neck. Size wise, it is between a traditional concert and soprano body. But to me it feels more mike a concert, at that is how I perceive mine. It is both slightly more punchy than most concerts and has more base--kind of an amazing things he pulls off. A lovely uke. You mentioned Donaldson as well. Both are great, and both luthiers are great to deal with. Brad is a bit less expensive for his base models, but I think his prices are amazingly low. Pohaku are also great for the money, IMHO.

the immensity of the ukulele world. Stupendous! Just when you think you figured it out, someone mentions some little beauty like this!

Top Bottom