NUD - Fanner Baritone Electric Ukulele

Lapyang

Reaction score
I recently got my custom made Fanner Thinline Ocelot Baritone Electric Ukulele. It is made by Fanner Guitar Works based in South Africa. I came across this shop on FaceBook and they sell their ukes on Etsy.com. They have about a dozen different models and different scale lengths. Dozens of finishes and different pick ups to choose from. The shop is run by brothers Brian and Mark Fanner.

I am extremely happy with my uke. I used to have a RISA S-Style Tenor. This Fanner is way better in my opinion, but costs not that much more.

Thinline Ocelot Model
DGBE tuning
20 in scale length
Ebony fretboard with faux tortoise binding
Bolt on neck
Ash body, Semi-hollow
Maple top
2 Humbucker pickups
3 way toggle pickup selector
Phase switching
Tone and Volume knobs
Pearl pick guard

IMG_2294.jpg
IMG_2295.jpg
IMG_2296.jpg
IMG_2297.jpg

Here is a Video of the uke being played.
https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?149678-Gospel-Blues-(Electric-Baritone-Ukulele)&p=2273316#post2273316

Attachments

• IMG_2298.jpg
    IMG_2298.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 17
Nice! And nice playing :cheers:

Very nice, congrats. I discovered Fanner exactly two years ago and had him make me a 23" scale Gibson SG EB-0 mini bass guitar of solid African mahogany for $800 including shipping to Los Angeles from South Africa. It came out great, especially when I changed the strings to Galli flatwound.

Fanner SG done 900.jpg

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 38)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Very nice, congrats. I discovered Fanner exactly two years ago and had him make me a 23" scale Gibson SG EB-0 mini bass guitar of solid African mahogany for $800 including shipping to Los Angeles from South Africa. It came out great, especially when I changed the strings to Galli flatwound.

Fanner SG done 900.jpg

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 38)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

I think Fanner really makes quality instrument for its price point. It took only 3 days for the uke to travel from South Africa to West Virginia, amazing. Your mini bass looks real cool, Mike.

That’s a beauty Joesph and great playing, I love the sound. You now have Simon jonesing for one ever since he saw your video.

That’s a beauty Joesph and great playing, I love the sound. You now have Simon jonesing for one ever since he saw your video.

Thank you, Dave. I know, Simon is wanting a jazzy one. I miss you guys, hope to come visit when situation allows.

Top Bottom