Season 477: You or Someone You Love

Last one, Jon, I promise. Here's the story: When my parents were quite young, maybe 22 and 23, and I was a tiny baby, they went on a double date with some friends of theirs to dinner/night club/dancing and it turned out there was a floor show...a hypnotist. After several adult beverages were consumed by all present, the show began. The hypnotist asked for volunteers and my father actually volunteered, which would have been completely out of character for him. He probably thought he would prove hypnotism was fake, or something. Needless to say, he went right under. The things he did and said while under are, admittedly, hilarious and embarrassing, but my favorite part of the story is when the hypnotist asked him to sing his favorite song of all time...and this is what he chose. For my dad, George, who was hilarious, himself, if you caught him at the right moments.

Special thanks to my pal, Greg Gent, for being a great sport and all-around nice fella.

Ain't Got No Home
Clarence 'Frogman' Henry

Man am I glad we came home from a week of vacation yesterday, otherwise I might have missed an opportunity to play a Jeff Tweedy song. This is dedicated to all the loved ones no longer with me, and all the ones I will leave behind when my turn comes. This is off of Tweedy's latest album, Love is the King, which was released earlier this year. It so happens that we were blessed with a new nephew a few months later. I think that makes 3/4 Jon. Thanks for hosting and your boundless enthusiasm for the seasons.

If this sounds somewhat familiar to some of you it will be because I played it a couple of months ago at one of the Saturday sessions.

thank you everyone.
just had the most enjoyable hour or so listening to the latest songs.
very grateful.
still some time left in the season to record something!
xo

I haven't seen the Seasons year one awards show since Tina put it together - thank you for taking us back to early days, Jon! Is it too late for me to apologize for my "rap" at this point? Or to brag about it? Wow. I definitely did not remember my "rap".

For my love, I've got to dedicate my performance to my beautiful, silly baby dragon. This is a song I love that's also the song that he sings to himself most often.

guess we're rolling out of this week now.
Kevin played this today and i didn't want to let it pass.
as some of you know we have collaborated a lot these past few years,
not so much lately. love to y'all. here's to friendship,
w/out that we don't have much else worth leaning on. xo

joo, there's not a link to your video in your post. i adore this song.

drawing a line under this week now.
thank you everyone for your music and your dedications.
i've enjoyed it very much and feel grateful to each of you.

thank you for writing you beautiful folks.
i enjoyed this week a lot.
was great to hear a new recording from you Sean
and also a couple of other people who had been absent for awhile.
especially Karl (strumdaddy) whose music i adore.
i was moved by your dedications and for playing the music
of many songwriters i love.
on to #478!

Top Bottom