Season 477: You or Someone You Love

Dolly got a haircut a long time ago. A song by one of my first ukulele influencers Poopy Lungstuffing
Link to the original in the description of the YouTube video.
Miss Lungstuffing has been diagnosed as autistic.

https://youtu.be/W0W657I4yf8

Last edited:
Dolly got a haircut a long time ago. A song by one of my first ukulele influencers Poopy Lungstuffing

the setting you have this on says comments are turned off.

it's absolutely brilliant and soul destroying. thank you mate.

the setting you have this on says comments are turned off.

it's absolutely brilliant and soul destroying. thank you mate.

just listened to Poopy's original. so good.
you did it more than justice, Rob. xo

"Straighten Up and Fly Right" for concert ukulele with whistling, with overdubs of Ashbory Ubass and secondary vocal. This was one of my dad's favorite songs. The picture at the end is of my family in the summer of 1966 (that's me in the cowboy hat).

This song was popular in the mid 1940s, when my father was serving in the US Navy in the Pacific. His sons fondly remember how he would warn us that we’d better “Straighten up and Fly Right” when we were on the verge of receiving punishment for misbehavior.

This song is dedicated to my father, and also to my two brothers.

hitting it here folks
great first full day
more Townes, heaps of heart
and some dude trying to straighten me up
see you tomorrow
love xo

Forgive this intrusion, but I just wanted to say that my final comments on SOTU 476 have just been posted. I would like to have made a video, but my daughter's needs are greater than mine.

Back to Jon's wonderful "Love filled" Season.

Cheers,

Berni

A great Rogers and Hart song recorded by some of the greatest musicians and vocalists ever.Which I dedicate to my lovely wife.

Hello, Jon ... and thank you for hosting! This song is dedicated to you, in thanks for eight years of friendship. Our first exchange had absolutely nothing to do with the ukulele. I had just acquired one, but couldn't play it (no change there, then!), and, in search of guidance, I was lurking on the Forum. You posted something about a traumatic experience at the hands of the medical profession and since I had just undergone several years of such traumatic experiences, I sensed a kindred spirit. Thus, a correspondence was born. I have also to thank you for dragging me, kicking and screaming, into the Seasons for your one- and two-chord song week - it was never going to get any easier than that - since which time, I should imagine I have been causing many others to kick and scream!

This song fulfils two categories ... it serves as a dedication and is also by one of your favourite folk singers (and mine); Tom Paxton. It is one of his later songs and, to me, sounds more "country" than "folk." I'd never heard it before yesterday, but I was drawn by the title ... I know you would be the first to agree that "It Ain't Easy!" The video has mountain views for the Mountain Goat (we visited our local ski resort a couple of weeks ago.)

I was looking for a Woody Guthrie song, then I realised that what I actually wanted to do was something from Mermaid Avenue, an album of Woody Guthrie lyrics set to music by Billy Bragg and Wilco. I hope that is suitable under option 4, especially since Jeff Tweedy was also involved! Here is "Way Over Yonder In The Minor Key":

On baritone ukulele, plus a tenor and a bit of harmonica.

**** The Video that was here has been re-edited. See post further down on this page.***

Last edited:
Hello, Jon! We are having a beautiful day here in Maryland and I was so happy to hear from Del again asking for another collaboration. He has chosen Make You Feel My Love from Bob Dylan's 1997 album, Time Out Of Mind. Several weeks ago Del admitted he had never covered a Bob Dylan tune. This was during the Saturday open mic, I believe. High time, Del, high time. :- ) Thank you for hosting. Already, there are so many great submissions.

Make You Feel My Love
Bob Dylan

Dedicated to Biscuit, who is 12.

Last edited:
Do-over! I woke up this morning after finishing "To Live is to Fly" and realized I hadn't really finished it. There were glitches in the mixing that wouldn't take too long to fix, so after about and hour or two's mastering to change 1% of the audio, here's TO Live is to FLy 2. I'm enjoying being on holiday from work.

Last edited:
short song... grandson with broken foot...christmass time
and a party trick that defies gravity. A good trick that takes
your breath away is like seeing someone you love after a long time

This one satisfies two of your categories Jon. In 2014, my wife and I were preparing for the birth of our eldest at the same time as still getting to know each other and our relationship really, because we're an impatient pair.

Some common ground we quickly found was a fresh singer-songwriter named George Ezra, and his debut album soundtracked a lot of what we did that year. We've both agreed that now we've settled down a bit his is the first gig we'll see when the world opens up again This is the first song from that album.

Hitting two options in one, here is my favourite Steve Earle song, dedicated to my favourite lady, the long-suffering Sam, aka Mrs P.

Top Bottom