Say hello from China, after I already made several posts here

wqking

Reaction score
Hello the great Ukulele community. I've been on this forum for a while and had posted several questions and got great answers. Thanks guys.

I'm from China, living in Beijing. I'm a freelancer developing software. I work home.

I've taught myself several Chinese traditional instruments, such as Hulusi, Xun, and Bamboo Flute. All are fun, but since all of them are quite loud, I have to go to the park to practice them, which is quite time consuming.
Now I'm mainly teaching myself Ukulele. I enjoy playing Ukulele so much, and since Ukulele has low volume comparing to Flute, I can play it home, the feeling is great.

I only play solo, fingerpicking. I don't strum or sing.

After playing High G for several months, I decide to stick with Low G, because I like classical and traditional music, and I learn a lot of technique from Classical Guitar.

I mainly use Tenor because I like the warm and deep sound.

I'm so glad to join this forum, the people here are so helpful and kindly.

Last edited:
Hi wqking. I've seen many of your posts. It seems you are an accomplished musician. Great that you found the ukulele. I too like the tenor. It suits me best.

I use a solid or chambered electric uke if I have to play quietly. They are loud enough for me to hear and not disturb others.

Enjoy the Forum. And have fun playing.

Welcome to UU wqking and a big hello from Chicago, USA! Never too late for introductions. Although I own soprano, concert and tenor ukulele's my go to is the tenor with the low G. Doesn't hurt that it is a Koaloha Silver Anniversary edition and is the best sounding ukulele I own.

Glad to have you here. Welcome.

Glad to see you here! I hope you have the best time of your life.

Welcome to UU, wqking!
As you've already noticed, there are many ukes friends around to share their opinions, advice, experience etc for the questions you may have. I wish you lots of fun on you uke journey!

Thanks all for the kindly words. I'm really happy to be in this forum.

Top Bottom