FS: Pono MGCDP, Deluxe Mango Pineapple Concert (EU/Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dohle

Reaction score
I'm selling my fairly new deluxe mango pineapple Pono that I got at the very start of the year. As ever, the reason for selling it is because it's not getting enough playing time. I thought I'd enjoy the deeper sound of mango and the pineapple shaped body but it just doesn't seem to be the case.

Specs:
Solid mango body, pineapple shape
Ebony fingerboard and bridge
Gloss finish
Bone nut and saddle
Grover geared tuners
Currently strung with D'Addario Titanium strings

The pineapple shaped body certainly gives the uke more bass and low-end resonance compared to typical concert ukes. I tested out a few different strings on it and you can get a slightly different kind of resonance out of it depending on the string, in my opinion at least. The Titaniums that are currently on it give the uke a bit more brightness which produces a nice mid to high-end resonance, whereas something like black nylons strings really emphasize the low-end and nothing else.

The only flaw that I can find on the uke are some weird scuff marks in the finish on the right side of the fretboard, something that I presume came from the factory because they are almost impossible to see and are visible only when light hits the top in a very specific angle. It was really hard to even get a photo of them. As you can see from the other photos, the marks are almost invisible, and they are so slight that I can't feel them with my fingers.

Included is an Ohana UCP-24 case meant for pineapple concert ukes which fits this one perfectly. I'm asking for 300 Euros plus shipping. As ever, I prefer to ship within the EU / Europe.

20210405_165454.jpg
pono1.jpg20210405_165543.jpg20210405_165604.jpg
pono3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom