Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Review: Aklot AKS21 Solid Mahogany Top Soprano Ukulele

Quote Originally Posted by v30 View Post
    Got the discount code on vipon....
    Anyway it arrived today. Solid top, Looks quite good, decent closed tuners. Sounds good. Fret ends just a hair rough but not enough that Ill bother with it. Action height good, good intonation. Has a truss rod. I got the uke and harmonica for $40. For that amount it was a no brainer. Even if I payed $100 Id be happy with it. Not a fan of stringing it up through the body though but its a minor inconvenience.
    Wow I don't think they have deals like that for people in Canada. I sure would not bother spending money on strings for this. Just play until the strings wear out and get a new uke may be less hassle. That's what famous bass player Carol Kaye did, never changed strings just got a fresh bass.

I am in Canada. Keep an eye on vipon.com (click Canadian Flag). These Aklot ukes seem to be on there fairly often. If its there you can get a discount code to apply during your amazon.ca order. Like I said, my order went from $104 to $40 tax and shipping included.

My first ukulele is an Aklot concert and it suited my needs quite well right out of the box! Great ukulele brand for total beginners like myself. The "inside the body" string thing created a bit of stress for me when I changed to Martin 600's; luckily I found a great video showing how to access the strings and change them. Holds tuning like a boss and overall a decent little instrument!

Quote Originally Posted by Farkvam View Post
    I should mention that the only thing that could make the Aklot a bad choice for travel, camping and the like is the solid top, but even if cracks developed from humidity and temperature changes, in my mind it's not a big deal as the cost makes it easy to replace. I'd just buy another!
    If you want something for travel, the Enya Nova soprano is on sale on Amazon for $48 in the US and $68 in Canada. Check out Barry's review here: https://www.gotaukulele.com/2020/11/...le-review.html

I've had a couple of Kmise ukes that were very well made for the price (under $50 for an all-solid wood one bought directly from Kmise). Both needed fret dressing, but setup was good on both.
    Last edited by MikeSRC; 06-25-2021 at 06:48 AM.

FYI- There's a 50% coupon code on vipon canada for the aklot 8 and 5 string tenor as well as the aklot bamboo tenor. I just tried the coupon code for the bamboo one on amazon.ca and it worked. Worked on the concert bamboo also

Quote Originally Posted by v30 View Post
    FYI- There's a 50% coupon code on vipon canada for the aklot 8 and 5 string tenor as well as the aklot bamboo tenor. I just tried the coupon code for the bamboo one on amazon.ca and it worked. Worked on the concert bamboo also
    I am watching the vipon site and all I see is 30% for 8 string and bamboo tenor.

[QUOTE=merlin666;2283223]I am watching the vipon site and all I see is 30% for 8 string and bamboo

Still 50% off just done a little differently. On the bamboo tenor for example, its now 27.99 discount code from vipon, plus 18 coupon from amazon, brings the price from $89 to $44 and change, or 50%
    Last edited by v30; 06-28-2021 at 03:17 PM.

Thread Information