FS: Mya-moe tenor Spruce top, Indian rosewood #2666

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rococoapuffs

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Considering selling my Mya-moe tenor to pay off some debts. I picked this up back in January but my financial situation has changed a bit and need to raise some money unfortunately.

Here is the original listing with specs. Sounds beautiful, currently strung with with high G. Comes with hard case and in pristine condition. Asking $1500 which is a good deal less than I paid.

https://www.myamoeukuleles.com/uketracker.php?trackingNumber=2666&submit=track

Here is a recent photo of the Uke herself:
image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks, I've responded. Seems to be an issue with DM so please let me know if you do not receive.

Yes, noticed this issue before too. What is the nut width on the uke? Also on what side of the tonal spectrum is it? Warm, bright, neutral or somewhere in between. Thanks

Hi, I’m off camping but will measure the nut when I get home and Carrie audio if possible. The Uke has a nice bright tone.

There is a video on the Mya-Moe site of Aaron Keim playing a spruce/rosewood tenor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc9t026ZNp0

Like the aNueNue Moonbird, you'll hear that it's a pretty bright combo. I'm not sure whether the torrification mellows that or not.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing that, I’d say that demo is a pretty accurate sound. Torrifecation probably mellows it a touch but not significantly.

I’m trying to find audio of Daniel Ward playing his mya-moe because his is the exact model i based this one off of (minus the cutaway).

Hello, sorry for the delay, just got back from camping. The nut is 1.5 inch. I've attached a few additional pictures as well. 95B9FA56-50BF-453F-A451-91BB885EB3F4.jpgF32AC438-E1F6-49C2-9789-641FB14AA7B9.jpg9CEDD1AA-CEFB-4958-8235-4BC367327000.jpg

Hi Rococoapuffs,

In the photo of the back of the uke, it looks like a seam in the Rosewood runs across the waist of the uke. I can see it in the Mya Moe construction and finished photos as well. Is it a figure in the grain of the wood?

Can you post a photo of the back that shows what is going on there?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi, yes this is figure in the wood itself. Here are some additional pictures. 13B33CC4-D4B7-4CC7-881C-944DA3CEC81C.jpg5EA46F61-C9B1-4A3F-97B2-812714F55BAB.jpg18E7A652-6E3D-4F94-A017-E78BCB3B7193.jpg

Responded, let me know if you do not receive and I'll reach out to you via email.

Thanks for all who have expressed interest. A guardian angel of sorts had come through for me and I may not have to sell after all. I will DM those who I have chats going on with about the uke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom