Thread: String Suggestion for Laminate Top Tenor

Default String Suggestion for Laminate Top Tenor

Hello, I

I don't know why this keeps happening every time I try to post, most of my question is deleted. Here is what I originally asked:

Hello, I’m looking to try a set of low G strings on my old laminate tenor. I know strings are a personal choice, but are there any strings that tend to sound better on laminate tops. It has Aquila Nylgut’s now, which sound pretty mehhh… to my ear. I really like the Worth browns on my cedar top, but I want to try something different since I’ve only used the 2 sets of strings. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I’m thinking maybe Aquila Reds or worth clears (both with a Fremont solo G), but that’s almost just picking strings at random on my part.

Many members here reported good results when they use fluorocarbon strings on their laminate or budget ukes, which may be due to their higher tension. If you go with FC or Nylgut or Nylon may also depend on your comfort level with thicker or thinner strings.

Mim wrote a good tutorial on ukulele strings: https://www.ukulelemag.com/lessons/t...f-your-ukulele

IMHO, especially with cheaper ukuleles, how the strings feel and respond to your fingers is often more important than how they sound.

Thread Information