Duets for One

plunker

Reaction score
I got the James Hill duets for one. Working on Georgia on my Mind and Summertime. Eyes are old, so I am trying to memorize as I go. Anybody else working on this songs.

I've been working on Georgia On My Mind, on and off for a few months. I find it difficult but it's coming together for me slowly. I'd love to add those two songs to my "can play from memory" repertoire.

I understand the book was arranged for gCEA but Georgia seems to work well with my low G ukuleles too.

Last edited:
I've been working on Georgia On My Mind, on and off for a few months. I find it difficult but it's coming together for me slowly. I'd love to add those two songs to my "can play from memory" repertoire.

I understand the book was arranged for gCEA but Georgia seems to work well with my low G ukuleles too.

I play low G and at the level that I play, that is not a concern at some level it might be. If I can go fishing more * I may have enough time to master it and then I want to learn the ay he does Billy Jean.
https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...qIHd29FXD&sigt=85FTEKrRJxDa&sigi=MyrXjyd9G2ds
* Time spent fishing is not substracted from your allotted time on this earth.

I got the James Hill duets for one. Working on Georgia on my Mind and Summertime. Eyes are old, so I am trying to memorize as I go. Anybody else working on this songs.

I love this book. The arrangements are excellent with the fingering progressions not requiring difficult contortions from one to another. Georgia and Summertime are ones that I always come back to (not having mastered them like most songs I pick up). I am working on "'Til there was You" from The Music Man (and sung by the Beatles on their Ed Sullivan Show debut).

I'm working on Georgia on my Mind as well from the very same book. I absolutely love the song and the arrangement. I've been tackling it for months now and can mostly memorize it without looking at the tabs. Started to practice After You've Gone recently as well. One of my favourite jazz standards and a great arrangement as well. Fantastic book.

Is there tab in the book or standard notation only? I noticed James' Ukulele Way ebooks only include standard notation but his online course materials include both.

Is there tab in the book or standard notation only? I noticed James' Ukulele Way ebooks only include standard notation but his online course materials include both.
There are tabs. I find a couple of. The chords hard so I leave off the top string

Great book. I learned his version of Freight Train from that book a while back. I should open that book back up and learn something else.

Top Bottom