Snail S60C

VegasGeorge

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I now have a few days of experience playing my new Snail S60C Concert Ukulele. I feel well acquainted with its characteristics.

The body is made from Flamed Acacia, the neck is Mahogany, and the bridge and fretboard are made of Ebony. It has a very dramatic and wide Abalone rosette around the soundhole. It has matching Abalone dots on the fretboard. It has beautiful purfling top and bottom, with a lovely matching inlay up the center of the back, and up the sides of the fretboard. The high gloss finish shows off the Flamed Acacia and accents beautifully. The engraved open geared tuners with translucent orange knobs fit perfectly. It has a slotted headstock. All in all, this is one of the prettiest Ukuleles I've ever seen. Stunning, really.

It comes with D'Addario strings to which I have added an Aquila Red low G. The Uke has a luscious, mellow sound, very rich in overtones. The sustain is good, and the volume is average. I got it direct from Snail by way of Amazon, and it came with a very nice setup. It's an easy player. I did widen the nut slot a bit for the low G, but that was a breeze. I'm extremely glad to welcome this Snail to my collection of Concert Ukes. It will occupy a place well up in the overall rankings of my instruments. I can recommend it without reservation to anyone interested in this kind of Ukulele.

Last edited:
Top Bottom