Kia ora from New Zealand

MrE

Reaction score
Kia ora,

I'm a Primary School Teacher from New Zealand, I've been playing ukulele for approximately ten years. I enjoy teaching ukulele to school students, often it's their first introduction to a musical instrument. I play a couple of cheap tenor ukes, one strung with a low g string (which I prefer). Having recently built a bass ukulele using a Buzzards Fields kit, I got the bug and built my first electric ukulele. Aside from ukulele, I play guitar and build guitar pedals.

Hello MrE, that is nice to hear. I hope we can help you with what you need.

Hi MrE, Welcome to the UU Forum.

Thank you for your efforts to teach young children. It wonderful that you have been instructing the kids on playing the ukulele. I applaud your efforts.

There are several guitar players already in our midst. Alas, I am not one of them. Pretty cool that you built an electric uke and you build guitar pedals. Useful things to be able to do.

Enjoy!

Welcome to UU, MrE!

I don't know if you decide to build more instruments, but if you were to, you could document the process on the builder's forum. I'm definitely interested to see your bass uke. I didn't know there were self-build kits available.

Welcome to UU, MrE!

I don't know if you decide to build more instruments, but if you were to, you could document the process on the builder's forum. I'm definitely interested to see your bass uke. I didn't know there were self-build kits available.

Thank you. The bass uke kit was from an English company, Buzzards Field Ukuleles. I converted a half sized acoustic guitar. Quite straight forward and easy to follow documentation.

Photo below.

I have photos of the electric uke in a thread on the builder's forum.

Attachments

• IMG_20210313_124032.jpg
    IMG_20210313_124032.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 5
Top Bottom