Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 478 - High & Low & Underground

One for Lynda's portion.

I wish I could more consistently get the timing right (to me) on the 2nd fret of the A string during the twiddly G bit. When it lands right there is a really nice sort of double note effect.

Thanks for hosting Del and Lynda. I have a couple songs that have been waiting in the wings that I think fit pretty well.
    Andy

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
    ~A.W.E. O'Shaughnessy

it has low and high in the title
    a steve earle song

Well I've gone high and low, so I'll finish (probably) for the week by going underground. This is the opening track from the 1970 Velvet Underground album, Loaded:

On a tenor ukulele, with a baritone joining in for the second verse.
    - Edwin

Another lovely day on the season, thank you all for the super songs you're bringing - I'm having a great time!
    lynda

i'm interested in one thing, and one thing only. and that's the eurovision song contest.

High water everywhere Dylan home to Charlie Patton

HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Rebonjour, Lynda and Del ... I am still up high! If I seem to have a bit of an obsession with mountains, then it is probably because I grew up at sea level, literally ... in "Sunny Seaweed on Sea," so it still comes as a bit of a surprise to look out of the bedroom window on a clear day and see the mountains on the horizon. The photo I used in the video is of the sun rising over Le Puy de Sancy ... about an hour-and-a-half's drive away from us and the highest point in the Massif Central at a height of 1,886 metres (6,188 feet.)

Since a most ridiculous copyright claim has been made on the video - basically that it is another song altogether (is my singing REALLY that bad?) - I think I have nowhere else to go now but underground ... I'll see you there later! (P.S. I have now disputed the claim, which will probably result in my being chucked off YouTube!)

Last edited by LimousinLil; 04-14-2021 at 12:53 AM.
    "The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George Bernard Shaw

"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city" George Burns

::::Substance induced - for example highs and lows induced by alcohol, drugs, sugar etc.:::

If the performer intentionally set out to record something while they themselves we high as a kite, would that count?

NOt that I would do such a thing.
    Blogging about a momentous life change as I switch careers and continents--> Leaving America

Quote Originally Posted by Joko View Post
    ::::Substance induced - for example highs and lows induced by alcohol, drugs, sugar etc.:::

If the performer intentionally set out to record something while they themselves we high as a kite, would that count?

NOt that I would do such a thing.
    Bring it on!
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzx...Pezq1Qh7YLL5Ew

My 'Yazuke' collaborations with bird's eye view of my ukulele: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...21bONWOlsIWLZc

My 'Griffs' collaborations with Mezcalero: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...phaZNPwJIIfBHm

My collaborations with Liz Brinker: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...io6W9Et8o6pfg-

Quick note. YouTube is having problems registering likes. It would appear from my experience that you can click like and the little blue thumb thingy shows up and you think everything's good, but actually other people can't see what you've done. so if you're thinking we don't like what you're doing, that's a youtube lie! We're loving everything this week! unfortunately there isn't even a button for I really really really really love this. Mind you, if there was, it probably wouldn't work!
    lynda

i'm interested in one thing, and one thing only. and that's the eurovision song contest.

another homemade-y for del's theme

"higher than the sun (odin sent me)"

several mentions of flying unfeasibly high

and photos and video footage of crows masquerading as ravens

lynda

Thread Information