Enya Feather Tenor Ukulele - REVIEW

bazmaz

Reaction score
I was really just about ready to pull the trigger. Then I saw that it has a 1.5 inch nut. Nope, no way am I torturing my hands like that, it's way to wide. Beautiful uke, though.
I look at it like I just saved 600.00

I'd have hated it if it was narrower!

I know. I have smaller hands. Last year I had a custom built with a 1.5" nut, and I could not play a single barre chord on it. I had to sell it. lesson learned.

Excellent review as always Baz.

Wow routing out a block of valuable mahogany seems to be extremely wasteful. A skilled luthier could probably build 10 ukes out of this. But maybe it is just a lot faster to route out 10 blocks than to slice up one block and go through tedious process of book matching, bending, glueing, and installing braces and kerfing. Credit to the company for unique designs though.

Well I like the look of the tuners...

I was really just about ready to pull the trigger. Then I saw that it has a 1.5 inch nut. Nope, no way am I torturing my hands like that, it's way to wide. Beautiful uke, though.
I look at it like I just saved 600.00

I got big hands so I like a wider nut

Always love your videos Baz. For me the big attraction is the feather inlays on the fingerboard. I know it's optics and has no impact on the sound but I'm waiting for a uke manufacturer to go full PRS and offer nice looking as well as playing ukes. It's not like they can't look at the guitar world for inspiration.

Always love your videos Baz. For me the big attraction is the feather inlays on the fingerboard. I know it's optics and has no impact on the sound but I'm waiting for a uke manufacturer to go full PRS and offer nice looking as well as playing ukes. It's not like they can't look at the guitar world for inspiration.

Know what you mean!

Nice review as always.
I may have missed this, but does Enya offer this in other scales?

Nice review as always.
I may have missed this, but does Enya offer this in other scales?

They don't - the E6 and this are tenors only I think. With this body shape you'd be looking at the Nova U plastic for concert and soprano. I suspect that due to the way this is constructed it from routed wood (that needs a certain thickness to be stable) that going smaller may not work and be too fragile.

Top Bottom