OMG! Got Email Vorson Electric Uke Being Shipped!

spirittoo

Reaction score
Wellsir ... they have been waiting since Christmas for these Ukes to come in. I really thought the Flight electric uke would be back first.

I ordered the K style because it has the straight line tuners.

According to shipping it is due Thursday. I haven't been waiting as long as some, but I am shock they are finally here!:nana::smileybounce:

Have fun when the Vorson arrives.........the polytune3 that I ordered arrived today.....I've been playing on and off all afternoon and making sure all is well on the pedal board......I'll play more later this evening as well......

What amp are you going to plug it into??? Do you have some pedals to work with as well??

I have a Blackstar 10W amp and I have a crybaby wah pedal.:rock::nana:

I'm very happy for you! Nothing quite as exciting as your desired instrument being back in stock and on order.

As soon as it arrives, I'd recommend changing the strings to something decent and doing a full setup.

From my experience, Vorsons are a bit like out-of-the-box Epiphones.
They're solidly built, but require some tweaking to be at its best.

What kind of strings should I get for it?:confused:
Guitar strings :p

Seriously, any normal set of steel electric guitar strings should work. Use the top four if you want GCEA. Use the middle 4 if you want DGBE. Start with "normal" or "medium". If you don't like the tension of your first attempt, use a lighter or heavier gauge set next time.

Guitar strings :p

Seriously, any normal set of steel electric guitar strings should work. Use the top four if you want GCEA. Use the middle 4 if you want DGBE. Start with "normal" or "medium". If you don't like the tension of your first attempt, use a lighter or heavier gauge set next time.

Yup, completely agree with Jim Hanks suggestion.

Use the 4th-1st (DGBE) from electric guitar if you want to tune up to GCEA on the electric uke (low-G).
Use the 5th-2nd (ADGB) from electric guitar if you want to tune up to DGBE on the electric uke (baritone ukulele tuning).

The only thing I'll add is that electric guitar strings seem to use different wording for their tensions.
What most people consider "normal" is the "Extra Light" or "Light" sets.

I'd probably stick with 009 or 010 gauge sets.
Elixir and D'addario call these "Extra Light" and "Light" I think.

Wow ... I didn't know I could tune a tenor uke to DGBE ... I would like to do that. I was able to preorder the Flight pathfinder electric uke yesterday. I was told sometime in July to ship. The Vorson could be regular GCEA and the Flight can be DGBE. Thanks for the info.:music:

Remember that you can adjust intonation at the bridge. I tuned mine at the twelfth fret (an octave higher,of course) when I was adjusting intonation. Once done, you probably won’t need to adjust the intonation again until you change to a different brand of strings.

The only thing I'll add is that electric guitar strings seem to use different wording for their tensions.
What most people consider "normal" is the "Extra Light" or "Light" sets.

I'd probably stick with 009 or 010 gauge sets.
Elixir and D'addario call these "Extra Light" and "Light" I think.
That's a good point. For reference, I have a 19" scale electric tuned to DGBE with 11/14/22/30 which would actually be an "8" set like this:
https://www.stringsbymail.com/ernie-ball-2225-extra-slinky-electric-guitar-8-38-16288.html

If you want DGBE on tenor, then a "10" like this might be a better starting point:
https://www.stringsbymail.com/ernie-ball-2221-regular-slinky-electric-guitar-10-46-5735.html

But note that there are no fewer than 7 sets between those two , so there is lots of room for dialing in your exact preference.

Top Bottom