Free Magic Fluke Fluke

Ed1

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Yep! Someone was interested :) Thanks for the positive feedback.

Anyone interested in a free Fluke (plus shipping)? I bought it new 16 years ago (orange label) and played it very little, although it's been standing around most of that time. It has never been out of a climate controlled home - although that shouldn't matter much for a basic Fluke. It's the way I bought it with a few exceptions:
  • As you can see, I put Neck Illusions decals on the frets a year or so ago. The fret board is all black plastic and I thought this would help these old eyes see the frets better. It did, but I still didn't play it. They can easily be removed if you don't like the look or feel.
  • A while back I put silver ink dots on the side of the plastic fret board where the frets ended (see pic) for the same reason as above. Today you can barely see them and should easily disappear with a little alcohol.
  • I put Martin 600s on it a couple of weeks ago. I did this to my seven concert ukes just to listen to the differences among them all with the same strings.
Other than the above, this is a basic pine top 16 year old fluke with friction tuners. Other than the mini dents you can feel with your fingernail on the plastic edge the top fits into, and a couple of visual marks where I sloppily changed the strings in the past there is nothing wrong with it, I just have decided to not be a collector of ukes I don't play semi-regularly.

If you're interested, Here are the rules:
You must have at least 100 posts (senior) or close to it here.
You must have recently donated (or will donate) to the Gamiao mud relief issue or perhaps some ukulele educational non-profit. A hundred dollars would be nice, but I'll probably go with the highest donator (if there are more than one) under that.
You must pay me about $20-$25 for the shipping - or whatever it costs if not conus.
You must promise not to sell this uke. If you don't intend to keep it, you must donate it to a charity or do some version of what I'm doing.

I'll send it as is (including the dust you see in the pictures :) with the never-used gig bag the day I get the shipping fees.

If no one responds, I'll either keep it standing around or change the above rules.Fluke1.jpg Fluke2.jpg Fluke3.jpg Fluke4.jpg Fluke5.jpg

Last edited:
Nice offer! What is the Gamaio mud relief issue? Mudslide disaster somewhere? My search skills failed me!

Very nice offer - I'm sorry I can't take you up on it!

I just got back to work after being laid off for 5 months, and I'm trying to pay off all of my bills.

One of our local libraries is working on a ukulele lending library - it had started, with lessons, when the shutdowns hit. They had asked if Flukes and Fleas were worthy instruments, and I told them yes, emphatically.

So Thank you, Ed, for your big heart.

Top Bottom