Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soon to Be Completed Hive Ukulele: Torrefied Red Spruce/Brazilian Rosewood (US Only)

Default Ready to Ship - Brand New Hive Uke: Torrefied Red Spruce/Brazilian Rosewood (US Only)

Here's a chance to jump the long wait on a brand new Hive ukulele. Many of you know that Jake is among the very best ukulele luthiers. His his tone and playability are consistently outstanding. And his work is incredibly clean and beautifully executed. His current wait is way longer than a year, and for good reason.

I actually commissioned this back in late 2017 when I got the opportunity to have the pick of the litter from the BRW he had on hand. It really is a spectacular set. I told him he didn't need to rush it as I wanted him to use a torrefied red spruce top and it took a while to source just the right one. It had to be special to go with this BRW body.

This beauty is finished and is available straight from Jake, who says it has some real bark to it.

Why am I willing to sell? I simply do not play uke any more. So, I'm offering this very special uke to see if somebody wants to grab it. And if somebody does, and really wants to break their bank, they can chat with me about my Hive from The Tree. ;-)

I've attached just a few photos, but here a link to the build photos:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UTPFGtjnGvDksmQa6

The price is $6,000 shipped straight to you. Contact me at eddiemonnier at me dot com.

Model: Hornet
    Top: Torrefied red spruce (note the wide grain lines!)
    Body: Brazilian Rosewood (the best set that Jake had on hand)
    Sound Port: Yes
    Tuners: Waverly Gold
    Scale: 17" tenor
    Case: Ameritage Gold

received_2862385504048972.jpgreceived_3567787883297783.jpgreceived_786161408971155.jpg
    Last edited by Ukulele Eddie; 04-19-2021 at 08:01 AM.
    More an appreciator of the ukulele than a true player. My motto is: "Don't matter how good it ring if it ain't got some bling."

"Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

One too many zeros for my account.
    And this isn't the "break the bank" one?

All jokes aside, good luck!
    Ukulele:
    Iriguchi Tenor "Weeble" - A, WoU Clarity
    Blue Star 19" baritone Konablaster - DGBE
    Cocobolo 16" SC#1-gCEA, SC SLMU
    Ono #42 19" baritone, Ab, LW
    Imua iET-Bb, M600
    Covered Bridge CLN pineapple - Eb cuatro, SC XLL
    Rogue bari
    Bonanza super tenor, cFAD SC LHU
    Kala KSLNG, Eb SC XLU
    Hanson 5-string tenor, dGCEA
    Bonanza SLN GCEA
    Southern Cross concert GCEA
    Guitars:
    Jupiter #47, G, TI CF127
    Pelem, B reentrant
    Jupiter #71, A, UG1

!Flukutronic!

If only I was skilled and/or wealthy enough. Best of luck! A ukulele like that would cause me to pick them up again!

$6000?
    Should be $10,000

Wow! Just wow. That is a beautiful tenor. Jake's ukuleles are exceptional.

If you are thinking about owning a premier, world-class, legacy instrument, this is one to seriously consider.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don't begin to know until you begin to try to do.

--Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Don't you at least want to try it first?
    Kamaka HF-3DC - KoAloha KTM-S00 - Kanile'a SUS B DLX - Kanile'a K-1B - Pono MGTP5-PC

Quote Originally Posted by Counter View Post
    Don't you at least want to try it first?
    No, it would be better to allow somebody to take delivery of a brand new instrument. Plus, I might be tempted to keep it. I simply do not play uke anymore. Ever. If I did keep it, it would live in my climate controlled closet, never to be played. Just like my Hive from The Tree. These are wonderful instruments and should be cherished by somebody who will play them.
    More an appreciator of the ukulele than a true player. My motto is: "Don't matter how good it ring if it ain't got some bling."

Strings went on this beauty today. It takes a few days of being under tension and getting dialed in, but early report is that this is very responsive, with some "bark" to it.

This beauty is complete and ready to ship!

Bump. Anybody ready to make this killer Hive their pride and joy?

Thread Information