Soon to Be Completed Hive Ukulele: Torrefied Red Spruce/Brazilian Rosewood (US Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ukulele Eddie

Reaction score
Ready to Ship - Brand New Hive Uke: Torrefied Red Spruce/Brazilian Rosewood (US Only)

Here's a chance to jump the long wait on a brand new Hive ukulele. Many of you know that Jake is among the very best ukulele luthiers. His his tone and playability are consistently outstanding. And his work is incredibly clean and beautifully executed. His current wait is way longer than a year, and for good reason.

I actually commissioned this back in late 2017 when I got the opportunity to have the pick of the litter from the BRW he had on hand. It really is a spectacular set. I told him he didn't need to rush it as I wanted him to use a torrefied red spruce top and it took a while to source just the right one. It had to be special to go with this BRW body.

This beauty is finished and is available straight from Jake, who says it has some real bark to it.

Why am I willing to sell? I simply do not play uke any more. So, I'm offering this very special uke to see if somebody wants to grab it. And if somebody does, and really wants to break their bank, they can chat with me about my Hive from The Tree. ;-)

I've attached just a few photos, but here a link to the build photos:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UTPFGtjnGvDksmQa6

The price is $6,000 shipped straight to you. Contact me at eddiemonnier at me dot com.

Model: Hornet
Top: Torrefied red spruce (note the wide grain lines!)
Body: Brazilian Rosewood (the best set that Jake had on hand)
Sound Port: Yes
Tuners: Waverly Gold
Scale: 17" tenor
Case: Ameritage Gold

received_2862385504048972.jpgreceived_3567787883297783.jpgreceived_786161408971155.jpg

Last edited:
One too many zeros for my account. :p
And this isn't the "break the bank" one? :eek:

All jokes aside, good luck!

If only I was skilled and/or wealthy enough. Best of luck! A ukulele like that would cause me to pick them up again!

Wow! Just wow. That is a beautiful tenor. Jake's ukuleles are exceptional.

If you are thinking about owning a premier, world-class, legacy instrument, this is one to seriously consider.

Don't you at least want to try it first?

Don't you at least want to try it first?

No, it would be better to allow somebody to take delivery of a brand new instrument. Plus, I might be tempted to keep it. I simply do not play uke anymore. Ever. If I did keep it, it would live in my climate controlled closet, never to be played. Just like my Hive from The Tree. These are wonderful instruments and should be cherished by somebody who will play them.

Strings went on this beauty today. It takes a few days of being under tension and getting dialed in, but early report is that this is very responsive, with some "bark" to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom