Anuenue USA Instrument (Re)Stock

Cluze

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I don't know how many of you have followed the launch of AuenueUSA, the US retailer for Anuenue that Corey and Kalei (of The Ukulele Site) are heavily involved with. They launched in mid-2020, sadly a pretty tough time to launch, given all that was going on in the world.

I really like Anuenue instruments, and enjoy both Corey and Kalei's work, so I have been keeping an eye on the site periodically. Given global supply chain disruptions, I was sad to watch their stock of ukuleles steadily dwindle over 2020.

I am happy to report that they seem to have gotten several models back in stock! (I think last week sometime...) It looks like a couple of things, including the UC10 Color series (that was recently reviewed by Baz) are on sale as of this post as well.

In completely unrelated news, I may have a UC10 in the Quiet Shade gray heading my way. :)

I've actually been wondering why their stock has been lacking recently while many European uke shops get plenty of new aNueNue ukes fairly regularly. No doubt they're popular in the US and sell out quickly but it still puzzles me. Good to hear their getting new stock in.

Usually I don't care much for endorsements and the like but seeing Corey and Kalei team up with aNueNue really tells me something about the quality of the brand. Not that I doubted the quality previously anyway as I've had a few different aNueNue ukes in the past. Currently, it's one of only two brands whose ukes I own more than one. Such good quality anytime. Even the cheaper models like the new UC10 seem to be really nicely built.

I was just looking at the same Quiet Shade model--and went through much of checkout to see shipping--an additional $36 to ship, bringing the instrument much closer to $200 without any accessories listed. $159 for a solid spruce top ukulele is a great deal...so maybe I'll wait to see if they offer shipping at a discount sometime in the future.

I was just looking at the same Quiet Shade model--and went through much of checkout to see shipping--an additional $36 to ship, bringing the instrument much closer to $200 without any accessories listed. $159 for a solid spruce top ukulele is a great deal...so maybe I'll wait to see if they offer shipping at a discount sometime in the future.

I went through a similar thought process when I was checking out, but to be honest, I felt that $36 was more than fair for shipping it to the mainland from Hawaii. I can't imagine that they could make any kind of margin if they did free shipping on a $159 instrument.

We've all, myself included, gotten spoiled by having "free" shipping from the big retailers, but at the end of the day, it does cost something to ship things, those costs are not small, and someone is paying it, even if it isn't you. Giant companies can afford to take the hit and have tiny margins due to their sales volumes (and by cutting costs by overworking their employees, but let's not get into that particular discussion here...) but for a smaller place, like AnuenueUSA, I can't imagine they could really survive doing that sort of thing.

Just my own opinions on the shipping thing. It is something I wrestle with a lot these days.

I went through a similar thought process when I was checking out, but to be honest, I felt that $36 was more than fair for shipping it to the mainland from Hawaii. I can't imagine that they could make any kind of margin if they did free shipping on a $159 instrument.

We've all, myself included, gotten spoiled by having "free" shipping from the big retailers, but at the end of the day, it does cost something to ship things, those costs are not small, and someone is paying it, even if it isn't you. Giant companies can afford to take the hit and have tiny margins due to their sales volumes (and by cutting costs by overworking their employees, but let's not get into that particular discussion here...) but for a smaller place, like AnuenueUSA, I can't imagine they could really survive doing that sort of thing.

Just my own opinions on the shipping thing. It is something I wrestle with a lot these days.

I recently received two ukuleles from Hawaii, sent USPS, and the shipping was $21 each. I get that shipping isn't cheap--but businesses do get shipping deals that individuals do not (particularly with UPS and FedEx). And I would think that, considering that both owners also work with the Ukulele Site, they could arrange some deals for shipping.

I honestly think part of the reason that Islander moved its facilities to California (rather than shipping from Hawaii at the Kanile'a location) was to lower the price of shipping.

And I completely understand that I am greatly influenced by Amazon Prime and free two-day shipping on things.

HMS store has a few aNueNue, including two models from the new Hawaiian Dream Series that isn't available on the aNueNue USA site yet.

T3 solid mahogany top, laminate back and sides. https://theukulelesite.com/anuenue-t3-hawaiian-dream-series-solid-african-mahogany-top-tenor.html

T4 solid cedar top, acacia back and sides. https://theukulelesite.com/anuenue-t4-hawaiian-dream-series-solid-cedar-top-tenor.html

Actually, HMS now has quite a few of the new Anuenue models in -- including the Blue Arona UC-10 I've been refreshing the Anuenue USA ukulele page to see since before last October.

(On the HMS site, click on the Golden UC-10 then use the drop-down menu on the resulting page to choose a color).

It seems the Anuenue USA business model is a work in progress, understandably so. This worked out for me, since I wanted a few more accessories from HMS anyway and one package from HI vs. two is welcome.

~ S.

This thread is really interesting and informational. Thank you for sharing this.

In completely unrelated news, I may have a UC10 in the Quiet Shade gray heading my way. :)

Well the friendly folks from the USPS just stopped by my door...

Initial thoughts: I am *very* impressed! I'll try to make a proper NUD post later today/tomorrow, but this is the nicest looking, nicest sounding sub-$200 uke I have ever seen.

Initial thoughts: I am *very* impressed! I'll try to make a proper NUD post later today/tomorrow, but this is the nicest looking, nicest sounding sub-$200 uke I have ever seen.

Those things are selling like hotcakes right now. I was tempted to get one as a travel uke but I thought I'd let other people enjoy since they're so much in demand, especially as I'd probably just end up selling it down the road anyway.

Amazon is so bad for so many parts of the world & society-labor practices, monopolistic squashing of competition beyond what's remotely healthy, not to mention the environment.... wish people would think more sustainably & humanely....

I wish everyone, especially Americans, weren't so easily blind to the true human & environmental cost of free shipping.

I recently received two ukuleles from Hawaii, sent USPS, and the shipping was $21 each. I get that shipping isn't cheap--but businesses do get shipping deals that individuals do not (particularly with UPS and FedEx). And I would think that, considering that both owners also work with the Ukulele Site, they could arrange some deals for shipping.

I honestly think part of the reason that Islander moved its facilities to California (rather than shipping from Hawaii at the Kanile'a location) was to lower the price of shipping.

And I completely understand that I am greatly influenced by Amazon Prime and free two-day shipping on things.

I see they got restocked on the Moonbird tenor. I had just ordered the AMM3, and I'm still waiting on that, otherwise I would jump on one. There will be a Moonbird in my future, though.

Ah, wonderful!

What color did you choose?

As per my post above, my own hens-tooth Blue Arona has finally been ordered....

#becauseBlue

~ S.

Ah, wonderful!

What color did you choose?

As per my post above, my own hens-tooth Blue Arona has finally been ordered....

#becauseBlue

~ S.

I went with "Quiet Shade" also know as grey. It has an amazing 50's retro vibe when seen in person. I am really digging it!

I see they got restocked on the Moonbird tenor. I had just ordered the AMM3, and I'm still waiting on that, otherwise I would jump on one. There will be a Moonbird in my future, though.

Now that I've had the chance to try a few of aNueNue's high-end models I've concluded that the Moon Birds are probably the best value for the money at that high-end. While the Koa Birds are very nice of course, they are more expensive and sound more like traditional ukuleles, whereas the Moon Birds just have an incredibly full and distinct tone. Probably my favourite uke model out of every brand I've tried. Unless you're specifically looking for a more classic uke sound, I think everyone should own one.

That being said, the AMM and AKK models are ridiculously good value as well. so underrated.

Amazon is so bad for so many parts of the world & society-labor practices, monopolistic squashing of competition beyond what's remotely healthy, not to mention the environment.... wish people would think more sustainably & humanely....

I wish everyone, especially Americans, weren't so easily blind to the true human & environmental cost of free shipping.

Amen. Most people will trade instant gratification in a second for a decent future. Jeff Bezos sees humans, and the planet, as disposable units, for his greedy satisfaction only. People, please consider before you feed this insatiable SOB, just for a cheap deal. Support our good ukulele dealers!

Amen. Most people will trade instant gratification in a second for a decent future. Jeff Bezos sees humans, and the planet, as disposable units, for his greedy satisfaction only. People, please consider before you feed this insatiable SOB, just for a cheap deal. Support our good ukulele dealers!

I wouldn't buy a uke from Amazon myself.

Hmmm, Why the vitriol towards Jeff Bezos? Someone's always going to be the richest man in the world. The desire for power and the love of money seems to be everywhere in the world.

I get the problems with Amazon. You started me thinking more about it a year or so ago with another of your posts, but still ...

I can remember going to the butcher's and baker's with my mother on Saturdays as a young child. They were finally closed up because of the larger grocery stores coming to town. Later, going into small, local hardware stores was something to enjoy. They were swallowed up by larger, much more impersonal chains. Walmart all by itself did a number on many small businesses in small towns. And before my time, Sears and Montgomery Wards and their catalogs changed the way people shopped locally. And now Amazon is definitely causing many businesses huge problems.

So, thanks to you and a few others, I never look to Amazon first when buying anymore. Now, whenever possible, I always look first to small and/or local businesses. However, during these Covid19 times, I am happy that UPS, USPS, FedEx, and yes, Amazon deliver to my front door. While I would prefer there was a local butcher and baker I could go to, I realize I can't turn back the clock.

So, sorry if this is hijacking a good thread, but I am still curious why focus just on Bezos?

Hmmm, Why the vitriol towards Jeff Bezos? Someone's always going to be the richest man in the world. The desire for power and the love of money seems to be everywhere in the world.

I get the problems with Amazon. You started me thinking more about it a year or so ago with another of your posts, but still ...

I can remember going to the butcher's and baker's with my mother on Saturdays as a young child. They were finally closed up because of the larger grocery stores coming to town. Later, going into small, local hardware stores was something to enjoy. They were swallowed up by larger, much more impersonal chains. Walmart all by itself did a number on many small businesses in small towns. And before my time, Sears and Montgomery Wards and their catalogs changed the way people shopped locally. And now Amazon is definitely causing many businesses huge problems.

So, thanks to you and a few others, I never look to Amazon first when buying anymore. Now, whenever possible, I always look first to small and/or local businesses. However, during these Covid19 times, I am happy that UPS, USPS, FedEx, and yes, Amazon deliver to my front door. While I would prefer there was a local butcher and baker I could go to, I realize I can't turn back the clock.

So, sorry if this is hijacking a good thread, but I am still curious why focus just on Bezos?

Some people hate all rich people. They are welcome to that opinion.
More people hate the way he treats his employees. You can read lots of news reports about this. Not just the ones about making them pee in bottles when on the job.

Top Bottom