Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exceptional Moore Bettah Ukulele (Produced in May 2018)

Hi Green,

Yes - of course I have seen a doctor here. It is not a black or white issue - grey as usual ! They have indicated to me that I could go through an operation (or possibly 2), where they re-break my arm (under anesthesia !) and reset it as it was not set properly in China. That would entail a cast for another 8 weeks, physical therapy, and a total of possibly 7-10 months before they could tell if I needed the second operation. I am not in any pain now, unless I stress it - and I just dont have the functionality that I should. I'm 68 years old. To be honest, I just dont want to deal with what might be a year and a half process of casts and physical therapy at this stage in my life.
    Thanks for the thought and suggestion ! if I was 40 I would probably do it.

First of all, truly sorry to hear about why you are selling this beautiful instrument, MarkJay. I hope you find some resolution to your injury.

Second, your ukulele is an absolute stunner! Whoever is the next caretaker (if you indeed decide to sell it) will be one lucky person.

Hi MarkJay, I echo the thoughts about your injury. I also understand your decision.

Fabulous instrument. I'm sure the price you arrive at will be beyond my means. Best of luck with your arm and the sale. Or decision not to sell.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don't begin to know until you begin to try to do.

--Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Wow. Just wow.

You have my sincere condolences.

Bettah ukes generally sell quickly for such high-value instruments, and yours is exceptional. Best of luck with the sale.
    "Who hears music, feels his solitude Peopled at once -- for how count heart-beats plain / Unless a company, with hearts which beat, / Come close to the musician, seen or no?" - Robert Browning, "Balaustion's Adventure"

Curious what part of China (medical treatment)...& how long ago...
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkJay View Post
    Thanks Nickie,
    I was living in China when I broke my arm and the medical treatment I received was , to be polite, less than adequate. I realized after that incident that it was too dangerous for someone no longer 20 years old to live there. So I have moved back to the US and now working here.
    Thanks for the good wishes !
    keeping an eye out for a very special pre-owned concert....

The original poster, MarkJay, wants to report that he hasn't been able to comment further on this thread because he has been "inexplicably blacklisted" from Ukulele Underground, and he has been unable to get UU admins to respond to his questions about being blacklisted. He also wants to report for anyone interested in the ukulele that he will be posting an auction on eBay on Sunday, April 18.

Was living in Shanghai.
    This was about 18 months ago. Fractured arm and wrist. First they somehow said I did not need it set. Then they changed their minds in 3 weeks. It was probably too late. Wore a cast for 8 weeks and then they said it needed to be reset again. Basically - just complete incompetence. After living in China many years, I should not have been surprised, but when you break an arm, you usually dont have a lot of time to deal with it and get second opinions, etc.

It seems my account is now working again ? Perhaps it was the post by MDS that helped. Thank you !

Looking forward to seeing the listing, Mark.

Glad you're back.

Bluesy.

I got that message a couple of times in the last three years. I logged out and restarted my browser and voila! I could post again.

I don't claim it will work every time, but it did then.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don't begin to know until you begin to try to do.

--Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Thread Information