SOLD - Flight Mustang Tenor with upgraded pickup and tuners (UK)

bennyhana22

Reaction score
PRICE DROP

To help fund a new uke, I'm selling my Flight Mustang all solid acacia tenor.

Bought from and set up by the peerless Southern Ukulele Store in September 2020. It's a really well made instrument, with an excellent gloss finish.

I upgraded the pickup to a MiSi Acoustic Trio Air and the guys at SUS installed it to perfection. The evenness of sound across all four strings is fantastic.

I also upgraded the tuners to Gotoh UK700s, as the originals were the only aspect of the uke that were not top notch.

The only mark on it is a little ding on the back of the headstock top - picture below. I love the uke, it plays really well both plugged and unplugged. But, I am heading for a Romero Grand Tenor and cannot justify keeping this too.

SPECS:
Body - all solid acacia
Neck - African mahogany
Nut & saddle - bone
Nut width - 38mm
Strings - SUS' own set, with a wound Low G (these strings are brilliant!)
17" scale, 14 frets to the body, 19 total
Tuners - Gotoh UK700 (upgrade)
Pickup - MiSi Acoustic Trio Air (upgrade)
Case - mint (unused) original Flight padded backpack gig bag

Bought new with the two upgrades this would cost in the region of 710-720 GBP. I've never been one to try to squeeze every last penny out of sales. For me it's about moving an instrument on to someone who will play it, in order for me to explore another.

On that basis, I'm asking 345 GBP incl. postage to the UK. Happy to ship further, if we work something out regarding the shipping costs.

Thanks for looking.

Ben
:)

Last edited:
It's soooooo annoying that the site rotates the images! I'm so sorry. At least they're of decent quality!

Take care

Ben

Last edited:
Lovely uke. Heard good things about these. I really like the scoop. Afraid this isn't a great time for me.

BLWS

Hi all

Bumping this as I'm also selling a rather smashing Pete Howlett custom soprano.

Price dropped to 415GBP incl. UK shipping.

I'm really only selling this and the PH to fund next year's project - a new custom tenor.

This really is a lot of bang for the buck with, as I mention in the OP, a wonderfully fitted MISI (by Southern Ukulele Store) and upgraded Gotoh tuners.

Hope it can find a home.

Ben
:)

It is a great ukulele. I have a fireball and a spirit. I'm actually selling the spirit, not because I don't like it but because it does have some similarities to the fireball and I'm funding a new moonbird

Thanks, Jill.

Sadly no interest still, atm! Maybe your post as an impromptu bump might drum up some interest!

They are, as you say, really excellent instruments!

Ben

Top Bottom