Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cordoba Ukes

Briarcliff, TX - Fabulous Hill Country home to Willie Nelson, and me!

I have a Cordoba 15CFM. I bought it on a whim, due to the very low price, and pretty red color. It's a playable Uke. There is nothing exceptional about it. The tone is lack luster, and the volume is kinda puny. But, there isn't anything really wrong with it either. It's the kind of Uke I might want to keep in the car for those times when things get delayed, or there are unexpected opportunities to practice or perform. It's not a Uke I'd select in advance, but it's certainly good enough to get me by.
    "The sole cause of all human misery is the inability of people
    to sit quietly in their rooms." - Blaise Pascal, 1670

I have two Cordoba 20 series which are solid mahogany top with laminated back and sides. The first one I bought was the tenor cutaway electric 20TMCE and I have the Soprano 20SM. Both are very well made and I have them strung with Living Waters strings. I have low G on the tenor. The tenor is not particularly loud acoustically but has over the years developed a very pleasing tone. The soprano has also mellowed and has a sweeter tone than my Ohana SK38 (also has Living Waters strings) which has more "bark". I have lowered the playing action on both Cordobas and they are very comfortable to play. They are relatively inexpensive and in my opinion are great value considering the amount of detail and workmanship. I have played a few of the newer soprano models but prefer the 20 series. Oh, I forgot to say when I used to have an amp and plugged in the tenor model the sound was very good and I had fun by routing it through various effects. However, being a couch player I don't really need to amp up and prefer a natural sound.

I've never actually seen a Cordoba uke in a shop, I know the brand from classical guitars for which they are renowned.
    You don't stop playing when you get old. You get old when you stop playing

Tanglewood TU13M concert
    Brunswick BU4-B baritone
    And a whole heap of other instruments...

My Music Blog

I own a Cordoba 32T (Solid Spruce and Rosewood). It is gorgeous, well built and sounds clear and wonderful. I like the wide fret board, 12 fret to body, and Spanish heel construction. I purchased it new from a small instrument store in Washington DC. It was well set up. I recommend it highly.
    P5190077 (1).jpg

Looks nice Kane!
    You don't stop playing when you get old. You get old when you stop playing

Tanglewood TU13M concert
    Brunswick BU4-B baritone
    And a whole heap of other instruments...

My Music Blog

Quote Originally Posted by KanePono View Post
    I own a Cordoba 32T (Solid Spruce and Rosewood). It is gorgeous, well built and sounds clear and wonderful. I like the wide fret board, 12 fret to body, and Spanish heel construction. I purchased it new from a small instrument store in Washington DC. It was well set up. I recommend it highly.
    P5190077 (1).jpg
    I think the 30 line was designed by and built in conjunction with Pepe Romero. I’ve often wondered about them.

We stock them at the uke room. I’ve been really impressed - especially the ones designed with Pepe. They have a nice classical feel. I’ve always been nervous about ukes built by guitar companies like Tanglewood and Fender etc but Cordoba really know how to make nylon stringed instruments.
    forestukuleles.com
    theukeroom.com

Quote Originally Posted by KanePono View Post
    I own a Cordoba 32T (Solid Spruce and Rosewood).I like the wide fret board, 12 fret to body, and Spanish heel construction.
    Thanks for the picture. It's a beauty. Is that single dot on the fretboard's 10th or 12th fret? If 10th, it's odd to lack double dots on 12th. If 12th, then it's 14 frets to body. In any event it's on my watch list at Reverb & Ebay -- I want one!
    Last edited by bellgamin; 04-22-2021 at 03:33 PM. Reason: syntax
    Make UU smile: Support the Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by bellgamin View Post
    Thanks for the picture. It's a beauty. Is that single dot on the fretboard's 10th or 12th fret? If 10th, it's odd to lack double dots on 12th. If 12th, then it's 14 frets to body. In any event it's on my watch list at Reverb & Ebay -- I want one!
    The Ukulele Site has a photo of a 32T - there is a single dot at 5th and 10th fret, double dot at 7th.

And it is Out Of Stock.
    Banjo Ukes: Southern Cross, Firefly, Stella
    Sopranos: Donaldson, Timms, Moku, Waterman, Bugsgear, Outdoor, Waverly Street, Harmony
    Concerts:Cocobolo #460 &#412, Ohana CK450QEL, CK-65D, Rosewood Vita, Mahogany Vita,
    Donaldson Custom, Epi Les Paul, National Triolian Reso, Republic
    Tenors: Kala KA-KTG-CY, KoAloha Sceptre, Fluke, Cordoba 20TM
    Bass: Fluke Timber

Am I done?

...Maybe?...

My YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by bellgamin View Post
    It's a beauty. Is that single dot on the fretboard's 10th or 12th fret?
    Dots on 5, 7, 10. You can recognize the 12 since it's at the body. I thought skipping the 12th dot was typical on a 12-to-the-body instrument, but looking at the 12-to-the-body instruments on my wall they all have dots. Weird!

Thread Information