I Saw the Light (Todd Rundgren)

This was filmed at Todd's house on Kaui.
Long time fan of Todd's going back to the early 70's. I've seen him several times and he's one of my favorite musicians.

I read he bought property on Kauai after Hurricane Iniki. I wish I could see what his place looks like. Looks good in the videos recorded there!

I read he bought property on Kauai after Hurricane Iniki. I wish I could see what his place looks like. Looks good in the videos recorded there!

Todd and Michele Rundgren own an interesting restaurant/bar on Kauai in the Princeville Center called Tiki Iniki.

Todd and Michele Rundgren own an interesting restaurant/bar on Kauai in the Princeville Center called Tiki Iniki.

I'll make it a point to visit there next time I visit Kauai. By the way, I was a high school teacher at Waimea High School in the early 80's when Hurricane Iwa struck, around ten years before Iniki. It tore off the roof of the place I was renting!

This is a great song that I've never heard before this thread. When I saw the titleof the thread, I figured that Todd must have covered Hank Williams' song I Saw The Light, but I discovered a brand new super song when I came to the thread.
While melodies and lyrics can be copyrighted, chord progressions and titles cannot, so there are often more than one song with the same title. At my Aunt Vera's 100th birthday party, she asked the piano player to play her favourite song, the one my Uncle George used to sing to her when they were courting, Have I Told You Lately That I Love You. He played and sang the Van Morrison song with that title. Vera turned and whispered to my wife Maggie, "That was a nice song, but it's not the one George used to sing to me."
We later played the Scotty Wiseman song called Have I Told You Lately That I Love You and she said, "That's the one!"

Last edited:
This is a great song that I've never heard before this thread. When I saw the titleof the thread, I figured that Todd must have covered Hank Williams' song I Saw The Light, but I discovered a brand new super song when I came to the thread.
While melodies and lyrics can be copyrighted, chord progressions and titles cannot, so there are often more than one song with the same title. At my Aunt Vera's 100th birthday party, she asked the piano player to play her favourite song, the one my Uncle George used to sing to her when they were courting, Have I Told You Lately That I Love You. He played and sang the Van Morrison song with that title. Vera turned and whispered to my wife Maggie, "That was a nice song, but it's not the one George used to sing to me."
We later played the Scotty Wiseman song called Have I Told You Lately That I Love You and she said, "That's the one!"

Hi, Jim! Thanks for sharing that great story! I don't know the Scotty Wiseman song, so I'm off to YouTube to listen to it! :)

Congrats to Todd Rundgren on getting voted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame! Well deserved! :)

Top Bottom