New waltz and new book

choan

Reaction score
Hi all!

I've just completed the video release of my original waltzes for ukulele project, Waltz in Progress.

Here's the last from the batch, Julian's[\B], hope you'll enjoy it!

The tablatures for all 12 waltzes are now available as a book, published by The Ukulele Bookshop.

Here's an excerpt from the back cover notes, written by my friend—and dedicatee of this last piece—Julian Rodriguez:

Waltz in Progress is not only a testament to the creativity of its composer but also to the diversity of meanings that coexist within the waltz musical form. Choan seamlessly reconciles expressions of his personal universe with twists of the Viennese waltz, jazz waltz, Creole waltzes, and the guitar repertoire of romanticism. Likewise, the skillful handling of ukulele technical resources reveals the intertextuality of this work with the music of Ernest Ka’ai, Roy Smeck, and other great ukulele composers.

The educational value of this collection is undeniable: throughout these twelve pieces there are challenges alike for amateur and experienced ukulele players, something the author admirably achieves by avoiding virtuosity without underestimating the instrument.

Those of us who love this instrument are fortunate to share our passion with such a dedicated artist as Choan Galvez.

Last edited:
Congratulations on completing your series of original waltzes, Choan. An excellent collection of tunes! I look forward to your next series, whatever it may be. Your creativity seems endless. :)

Top Bottom