Ukulele store for sale

Hi all, Jeff Hanna of The Ukulele Place here. If you have questions, just call me anytime: 941-966-5800 It's a cell phone, with me all the time. I'd enjoy a visit with you, and spare you from this speculation. Cheers, Jeff

Hi Jeff,
Will you please post a reply to clear up the speculation you refer to on this message board for chatting about all manner of interesting uke related things?
Thanks,
Neil

Sure Neil. While commenters on a forum are welcome to speculate about my business for sale, I trust I am welcome to offer the opportunity to easliy speak with me. While I enjoyed the many humorous responses, the sprinkling of non-factual comments earned a redirect to a factual source. Just a little reinforcement of the phone # in the original post. Best Wishes, Jeff

I don't believe this. If you plug in a $100,000 loan for 5 years at 5%, it comes to about $1900 per month for loan payments. Add rent, staffing, inventory costs, and you will lose money for the entire period of the lease, and then lose more when you have to renew the lease.

You would be better off just buying an uke every month. It would cost a lot less and you can practice a lot more. Any business with annual revenues of $30 k is better closing.

I was just trying to guess at what the cash flow was that the owners could take out. The price is a $ 100,000. Nothing to do with financing or anything else. Jack Hanna just started responding. Hope he sheds light on my quick and dirty estimation. Always open to being smarter.

I was just trying to guess at what the cash flow was that the owners could take out.

It's completely unfair to ask that sort of question on an open forum.

Jeff, I apologise for my snarky comment. I have owned retail businesses and I really respect anyone that does it. People like you are the backbone of our communities.

Good luck with the sale.

I am not expecting Jack Hanna to post confidential info about the business on a pubic bulletin board lie UU. His post invites interested parties to contact him.

If you are interested in the business and want to know the cash flow, talk to Jack.

I have owned retail businesses and I really respect anyone that does it.

Good luck with the sale.

I understand the curiosity - heck, if only for my own general education, I’m interested in knowing more too - but with no disrespect to the questioners Bill and Chris are correct in that it’s not really appropriate to ask for significant commercially sensitive information here. It would be totally appropriate to privately question the seller or their agent.

One of my relatives was a small business owner. From his experience I’d say that one of the best ways to make money was to have your own business, from his experience I’d also say that one of the best ways to loose money was to own a small business. He had a try at a few different things and found something that worked for him but it was a rough road littered with shattered dreams - some make self employment work, but for anyone starting out please don’t expect to be one of the lucky ones.

Last edited:

Jeff, I apologise for my snarky comment. I have owned retail businesses and I really respect anyone that does it. People like you are the backbone of our communities.

Good luck with the sale.

Boy totally misunderstood. I was was trying to calculate, not ask an inappropriate question, I realize that question is not one to be asked., but was trying to see the potential for a buyer. It is for sale. Trying to back into a number that would determine the possibility of sale is not asking a question is a aspect of buying a business that anyone would would be concerned with.

I hope they're not selling because business is so bad. I bet that $120k includes inventory, store name, and permission to pay rent for the store every month. I wonder if the name goes with the store. That never seems like a good idea because the reputation goes with the name. Someone can buy a good reputation and then run it into the ground. "Abe's of Maine" used to be a great camera store - in Maine. Then they sold it, and it was sold again - no longer in Maine. Now they have a reputation as a place to avoid.

Top Bottom