found! - looking for XS Romero Creations

scubanix

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm trying to find a second hand XS Soprano.
Laminate with solid top is preferable, but I can also consider koa or mahogany.

If anyone has one that wants to part with, please send me a PM

Happy playing :)

There is a solid koa XS soprano currently for sale on the Facebook group UKULELE Marketplace.

Funny, these recently caught my attention as well.

Good luck to all y'all, and let us know what you think of yours after you find one. :)

~ S.

:)
thank you for your answers.

I can't seem to stop getting these things (ukes) - I've playing classical and acoustic guitar, mandolin, portuguese guitar, for years, but just recently got an ukulele (for travelling)... and I already bought 3!:p
It started with the STC laminated from Romero Creations - good sound (depends a lot on the strings we use), good intonation, good size - but the scale was just a tiny bit smaller for my playing style, so I decided to upgrade for a Tiny tenor (also laminated) - again, an excellent instrument.
Then I came across a solid Koa TT in second hand, and it was too good to let go... so I got it (traded in the STC for it), and I can tell you this thing is short of amazing. Installed some Gotoh tuners and I can't seem to stop playing it!

But now I'm planning some adventures (packrafting, bicycle riding, hiking long trails, etc.) and the XS might be the right size for it... so, here I am, looking for one. I just can't decide if I get a laminated one or a solid mahogany... decisions, decisions...:rolleyes:

It started with the STC laminated from Romero Creations - good sound (depends a lot on the strings we use)....

Which strings did you end up liking, for the STC?

... I just can't decide if I get a laminated one or a solid mahogany... decisions, decisions...:rolleyes:

Specific to your XS hunt, a laminate (solid top, laminate back and sides) is no longer being produced, correct?

~ S.

Which strings did you end up liking, for the STC?

I quite liked the Romero's Labella that came with it. I tried different others - Aquila (different sets), D'Addario, etc. - but ended up liking the originals more.

Specific to your XS hunt, a laminate (solid top, laminate back and sides) is no longer being produced, correct?

I think so. At least I haven't been able to find any laminate for sale.

In the event that you can't find a secondhand model there are still one or two in the retail chain, such as this one on sale for EUR250:

https://musik-butik.de/product/romero-creations-xs-soprano-ukulele/

I bought one from this company (musik butik in Germany) a year or so ago and they shipped it to the UK quickly and at a fair price. It's a lovely instrument, wonderfully playable

just a bump... still looking

I forgot to mention on my initial post that I'm in Europe...
Also I can consider a trade - my Tiny Tenor (solid top/ laminate back and sides) for the XS soprano.

Aloha,

Are you still interested in trading your Tiny Tenor? I believe you mean this one: https://theukulelesite.com/romero-creations-tt-solid-spruce-top-tiny-tenor-package.html.

And in what condition is the uke?
Does ist come with a bag?

We could of course exchange DMs =).

Have a nice day!

just a bump... still looking

I forgot to mention on my initial post that I'm in Europe...
Also I can consider a trade - my Tiny Tenor (solid top/ laminate back and sides) for the XS soprano.

Does anyone know the nut width and A-G width on the XS Soprano? I can't find a web site that lists it.

Does anyone know the nut width and A-G width on the XS Soprano? I can't find a web site that lists it.
35mm nut width and 28mm A-G (measured at the nut: if that's not correct I can check it elsewhere). That's for the spruce top made in China XS, not the Vietnamese solid wood versions which I don't have.

35mm nut width and 28mm A-G (measured at the nut: if that's not correct I can check it elsewhere). That's for the spruce top made in China XS, not the Vietnamese solid wood versions which I don't have.
The solid wood version has the same width (just checked) - 35mm and 28mm

Reactions: Ed1
I got my XS Soprano, so this search has now come to an end, but I still have the TT and its looking for a new home

I'm measuring 35.5mm at the nut, string spacing about 28mm. Using a digital caliper on a koa model.

Reactions: Ed1
Top Bottom