Thread: Looking for Romero Creations XS Soprano

Default Looking for Romero Creations XS Soprano

Hello,
    I'm trying to find a second hand XS Soprano.
    Laminate with solid top is preferable, but I can also consider koa or mahogany.

If anyone has one that wants to part with, please send me a PM

Happy playing

no, no, meeee first!
    based on how they've gone over the last few months on the usual channels, best of luck to all of us.
    keeping an eye out for a very special pre-owned concert....

There is a solid koa XS soprano currently for sale on the Facebook group UKULELE Marketplace.

Funny, these recently caught my attention as well.

Good luck to all y'all, and let us know what you think of yours after you find one.

~ S.

thank you for your answers.

I can't seem to stop getting these things (ukes) - I've playing classical and acoustic guitar, mandolin, portuguese guitar, for years, but just recently got an ukulele (for travelling)... and I already bought 3!
    It started with the STC laminated from Romero Creations - good sound (depends a lot on the strings we use), good intonation, good size - but the scale was just a tiny bit smaller for my playing style, so I decided to upgrade for a Tiny tenor (also laminated) - again, an excellent instrument.
    Then I came across a solid Koa TT in second hand, and it was too good to let go... so I got it (traded in the STC for it), and I can tell you this thing is short of amazing. Installed some Gotoh tuners and I can't seem to stop playing it!

But now I'm planning some adventures (packrafting, bicycle riding, hiking long trails, etc.) and the XS might be the right size for it... so, here I am, looking for one. I just can't decide if I get a laminated one or a solid mahogany... decisions, decisions...

Quote Originally Posted by scubanix View Post

It started with the STC laminated from Romero Creations - good sound (depends a lot on the strings we use)....
    Which strings did you end up liking, for the STC?

... I just can't decide if I get a laminated one or a solid mahogany... decisions, decisions...
    Specific to your XS hunt, a laminate (solid top, laminate back and sides) is no longer being produced, correct?

~ S.

Quote Originally Posted by Spieler View Post
    Which strings did you end up liking, for the STC?
    I quite liked the Romero's Labella that came with it. I tried different others - Aquila (different sets), D'Addario, etc. - but ended up liking the originals more.

Specific to your XS hunt, a laminate (solid top, laminate back and sides) is no longer being produced, correct?

I think so. At least I haven't been able to find any laminate for sale.

In the event that you can't find a secondhand model there are still one or two in the retail chain, such as this one on sale for EUR250:

https://musik-butik.de/product/romer...prano-ukulele/

I bought one from this company (musik butik in Germany) a year or so ago and they shipped it to the UK quickly and at a fair price. It's a lovely instrument, wonderfully playable
    "If a man does not make new acquaintance as he advances through life, he will soon find himself left alone. A man, Sir, should keep his friendship in constant repair." - Samuel Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by BigJackBrass View Post
    In the event that you can't find a secondhand model there are still one or two in the retail chain, such as this one on sale for EUR250:

https://musik-butik.de/product/romer...prano-ukulele/

I bought one from this company (musik butik in Germany) a year or so ago and they shipped it to the UK quickly and at a fair price. It's a lovely instrument, wonderfully playable
    Thank you for the tip

just a bump... still looking

I forgot to mention on my initial post that I'm in Europe...
    Also I can consider a trade - my Tiny Tenor (solid top/ laminate back and sides) for the XS soprano.

Thread Information