Season 479 - Destination Known

I grew up in Twin Falls, Idaho. Though that song was sung back in the 55th Season.

In 1990, I moved to

Before Oregon and Idaho, I was born in

California. I ended up living there again from 2008 to 2010.

I've been back in Portland ever since.

Stay safe and healthy, y'all!

Last edited:
Limehouse Nights (and I think the opium was still in my system). Ran out of time...

What a long, strange trip it’s been❤️ Sabine put the cherry on the season ��. I’ll recap the final 10 posts after my errands this morning. Thanks to all who participated!
Liz

Hello again, groceries have been acquired, garbage has been dispatched, veg has been roasted, chicken is roasting. Here is the day 8 recap:

Ten! Ten submissions:
Gerald G with a riveting tale of the result of cabin fever in The Yukon
Joko came back with a song of regret and San Francisco, watch for the pigeons, they are beautiful
Edwin with a Proclaimers tune, thanks, Edwin! You may be the frequent flyer this week
Kevin and Carole H came back to sing about the moonlight in Vermont, so dreamy
Demimondaine submitted another original about the problem with societal expectations in Boston
Lynda brought an original about horseback riding in Northumbria! Horseback riding in Northumbria! I mean...!?!
Jo submitted an original, with Del and Kevin G, about one night in Boulder, go look
Ralf game me 2! One Loretta Lynn tune, thank you, Ralf, about Portland, OR, and a truly odd song about San Francisco, BC, Baja California? British Columbia? Either way, such fantastic lyrics
AND
Sabine crossed the t in Seasons of the ukulele with a Gershwin tune about Limehouse Nights. Bring your opium pipe.

I am utterly thrilled with the 73 submissions I received, and now must ruminate on prizes. What to give, whether to give. I want all of you to come for Thanksgiving. Book your flights NOW. I'll let you know within the next day, but, for now, I intend to digest this wealth of music and see what germinates.
Love to all! Now, if you haven't already, go do a song for Bob in Season 480, tomatoes, anyone? Or, a song you like from a genre you don't, or a song you don't like from a genre you do...happy hunting or word honing!
xoxo, Liz

Edwin with a Proclaimers tune, thanks, Edwin! You may be the frequent flyer this week

Well you kept asking nicely and I didn't want to be rude! Thanks for a great theme. Even if we can't go anywhere, at least we can explore in song!

Thanks, Liz, for being such a delightful host. And see you in 213 days!

(Trumpets blaring...) Drumroll, please!

Hear ye, hear ye! I have come to announce the winners for season 479 of the ukulele, so, listen up!

Firstly, we have a tie for the Frequent Flyer Award: Both Edwin AND Jim Y submitted six songs...six, I say! Congratulations, Edwin and Jim Y! And, thank you.
Secondly, my favorite cover was Trafalgar Square, brought by Brian F! Congratulations, Brian! And, thank you.
Thirdly, my favorite original was The Snows Of Venice by John down under! This was an especially tough category, I must admit. Congratulations, John! And, thank you.
Fourthly(?), the most amusing, and therefore, top choice this week goes to Jarvo, with his original tune Jarvo's Journey 1964-1968 or Chicken In A Vest! Woohoo and Bravo, Jarvo! You made me laugh heartily, for which I thank you kindly. Congratulations!

I shall need addresses from all of you, Edwin, Jim Y, Brian F, John down under and Jarvo, if you please, so I may send you your respective prizes! Should you decline your prize, I will understand, but then you will never know what it was. Here are the winning videos:

Thanks again to all who submitted videos! This was wonderful,
Liz

Great hosting debut, Liz - thank you! I get the impression you thoroughly enjoyed yourself! And 5 very worthy winners - well done everyone! :)

Thanks for that acknowledgement Liz! Was a nice surprise. Will PM you my address. I hope you realise the prohibitive cost of a shipping container to Australia. Assuming prize is under 6 metres long so it fits in a standard container. If larger than 6 metres it will cost you even more. Much appreciation of your generosity!:)
Seriously though your hosting made a super week for all.
Thanks again,
John

Firstly, congrats to all the winners!
Secondly, congrats and thanks to our most entertaining and attentive host. Fabulous debut season, Liz, no doubt!
Thirdly, big thanks to everyone who participated, especially those with multiple entries! The playlist was over 70 videos long!
Fourthly, am I the only one who's now burning with curiosity about those huge shipping containers' contents?
Fifthly, I'm convinced you'll sign up for gatekeeping again.

And, I'm learning about tomatoes. I didn't know this:
tomato: (slang) A desirable-looking woman.
Tomatoes are sometimes called love apples (from French pomme d'amour), because the French held the belief that the exotic tomato had aphrodisiac powers.

Firstly, congrats to all the winners!
Secondly, congrats and thanks to our most entertaining and attentive host. Fabulous debut season, Liz, no doubt!
Thirdly, big thanks to everyone who participated, especially those with multiple entries! The playlist was over 70 videos long!
Fourthly, am I the only one who's now burning with curiosity about those huge shipping containers' contents?
Fifthly, I'm convinced you'll sign up for gatekeeping again.

Tomatoes are sometimes called love apples (from French pomme d'amour), because the French held the belief that the exotic tomato had aphrodisiac powers.

Sabine, you are a delight and I hope we meet one day. You are correct, I will absolutely keep the gate again. Enjoy your tomatoes!

Wow, well golly gosh and thank you for being amused.
I am flattered and in such auspicious company as well !
I shall PM you the posting address of my humbule abode
with thanks and thanks for the season, it was brilliant.

In Europe they were they were thought to be poisonous as people who ate them died. This was allegedly discovered to
be down to lead leached from pewter plates by the acidic nature of the tom. However this is now widely debunked as a myth.

But one thing is certain. The tomato demonstrates the difference between knowledge and wisdom:

It is knowledge to be aware that tomatoes are a fruit.

It is wisdom to not use them in a fruit salad !! :stop::rofl:

Thanks for that acknowledgement Liz! Was a nice surprise. Will PM you my address. I hope you realise the prohibitive cost of a shipping container to Australia. Assuming prize is under 6 metres long so it fits in a standard container. If larger than 6 metres it will cost you even more. Much appreciation of your generosity!:)
Seriously though your hosting made a super week for all.
Thanks again,
John

Just WHAT are you expecting, John????

Thanks so much for the week, Liz ... you've been a lovely host; and congrats to the worthy winners!

Liz,

The week was a major success. You were a wonderful host. I wish I’d had time to send a few more your way!

My shipping crate has arrived, thanks Liz! Between the two couriers and myself we managed to manoeuvre it into the living room. I'll look forward to trying it out later on.

Liz my shipping crate arrived today too...The Snow Leopard survived it ‘s time in quarantine. Thank you for enclosing it’s dietary requirements. I’ll be hunting for suitable small game on the weekend. To sooth the wild beast a lovely CD was also included...called The Sweater Set. Looking forward to giving that a spin. And your address in Whipoorwill Lane is most fitting for a talented Chanteuse.
Cheers John.

Top Bottom